The Whitecaps FC mission is To Unite and Inspire Our Communities. We are looking for a new team member to contribute to the Vancouver Whitecaps culture by understanding and supporting our four cornerstones: team spirit, discipline, work ethic and mentality.
The Coordinator, Administration is responsible for ensuring that the highest standards of organization, administration and support are delivered to the Whitecaps FC front office.
Hours are varied but will normally be Monday to Friday and may require working games and special events on weekends and evenings.
- Manage daily office operations including acting as a liaison to property management, contractors, vendors (i.e. Fanatics and Adidas) and employees of soccer operations
- General oversight of the administration and building maintenance of the Beatty Street office (i.e. report writing and digital filing; courier and mail, maintaining and ordering office supplies, office equipment etc.)
- Provide general executive support (i.e. schedule meetings on behalf of the executive team and administrative support as needed.)
- Manage special projects and duties requiring a high level of confidentiality (updating databases, spreadsheets, and other documents)
- Coordinate and plan for conferences and meetings; order food, create agendas, send calendar invites, reserve conference rooms, participate in the meetings etc.
- Coordinate travel logistics for staff members of the executive team and clients as required
- Maintain security access and ensure the list is up to date with building management
- Support the workplace health and safety guidelines as per provincial standards
- Assist with high level preparation and host duties during games and special events
- Occasionally travel within Vancouver to complete errands as needed
- Assist other departments in the club with administrative needs such as mail outs, courier services, envelope, and gift bag preparations, etc.
In addition to bringing a commitment to Vancouver Whitecaps FC vision and values, the ideal candidate will require a broad base of management knowledge with degrees of demonstrated experience as follows:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- 3- 5 years in an administrative role. Experience as an Executive Assistant is preferred
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication, analytical and planning skills
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in a business administration field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products and above average knowledge of computer technology (i.e. adaptable to learning new software systems and can competently troubleshoot minor issues)
- Flexible availability including nights, weekends, and holidays
- A valid BC driver’s license is an asset
- Centrally located office at Terry Fox Plaza, downtown Vancouver
- Training and support available to help develop your career
- A generous extended health and dental plan
- Unlimited personal time off
- Heavily discounted game day tickets
- Become involved with Vancouver’s most exciting sporting environment
- Business casual dress code
Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This includes but is not limited to people of colour, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact our Human Resources department.
If you feel you have what it takes to contribute to our team, please email your resume and cover letter indicating how you meet our qualifications, to email@example.com with the position title as the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.