This position will work with multiple internal and external partners in the creation of best-in-class video and social media content for the club’s digital outlets, broadcast partners, in-game entertainment, & sponsors that aligns with organizational objectives and serves the Whitecaps FC brand and community.
You’ll be a part of, and help grow, a creative, innovative and fast moving environment.
How you will contribute:
Overall strategy and planning for all Whitecaps FC digital content
- Lead the team in the creation of breakthrough content for multiple platforms (broadcast, digital, social) and develop and implement the club’s social media strategy.
- Work in collaboration with Corporate Partnerships to develop strategic and engaging content for some of the world’s leading brands and support new sponsorship pitches.
- Work closely with multiple departments to develop and implement effective content plans for various club initiatives including first team, community, soccer development, announcements, and marketing campaigns.
- Partner with business intelligence team to take an insight-based approach to content strategy and optimization, tracking social media data and metrics to maximize fan engagement
- Develop relationships with distribution partners and platforms, stay up to date and informed on industry best practices and trends and lead continual development of new, innovative ideas to strengthen our connection with fans and drive brand value
- Manage social media and video coverage on matchdays
- Assist with producing and posting social media and web content as needed
- Liaise with MLS and executing league’s digital initiatives on club channels
Support and develop staff in the creation of high-quality content
- Create a working environment that provides the support, development, and inspiration necessary to unleash the full potential of the team and resulting in league-leading content and fan engagement statistics.
- Oversee and manage content development team to plan, schedule and implement content initiatives across Whitecaps FC’s online assets as well as media partners and other distribution channels, as required.
- Lead team in managing match day content capture (video & photography) and content on social, app and livestreams
Oversee content execution
- Ensure content is consistent in terms of quality, style, brand expression, and tone of voice across platforms to optimize user experience and contribute to the overall brand identity of Whitecaps FC.
- Review and edit content before publication/distribution.
- Work with digital teams to publish content on the website and social channels using a fan-first approach.
All other duties related to the position as required
What are we looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience with digital content strategy and creation, and proven ability to use content to further brand and business objectives.
- Passion for creativity, storytelling, design, and elevating brands through digital mediums.
- Hands-on experience in management, ideation, production and execution of breakthrough, compelling, and creative content.
- Experience leading a production team and/or creative services team preferred.
- Strong understanding of digital media, including all types of content, social media, websites, etc. as well as the content distribution landscape and the advantages of different distribution strategies and platforms.
- Comfortable using data to develop and optimize strategy.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects on varying timelines.
- Self-starter with strong organizational and collaboration skills.
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Exhibits a genuine desire and passion for the business of soccer, ideally previous experience in sports or with a high-profile brand.
- Knowledgeable and interested in keeping up with the latest trends in sport, pop culture, design, music, lifestyle, fashion, etc.
- Able and willing to travel as required.
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours including weekends, evenings and holidays as needed.
Why work for Whitecaps FC:
- The chance to work in a fun, nontraditional work environment
- Centrally located in downtown Vancouver
- Excellent training and support to enable you to do the job
- Benefits included a generous extended health and dental plan, unlimited personal time off and heavily discounted game day tickets
- Be part of Vancouver’s most exciting sporting environment
If you feel you have what it takes to contribute to our team, please email a pdf version of your resume and cover letter indicating how you meet our qualifications, to firstname.lastname@example.org with Director, Content in the Subject Line.
Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.