Director, People Operations
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is more than just a professional soccer club. We’re a village of individuals with shared values and a drive for excellence both on and off the pitch. We are looking for a high-performing self-starter who is passionate about creating a people-first environment and enabling our staff to thrive, while creating and maintaining the conditions to support a strong workplace culture.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and working with a salaried workforce of approximately 130 people, you will be both strategic and hands-on in all aspects of HR including employee experience, recruitment and onboarding, learning and development, diversity and inclusion, benefits, analytics and of course special projects.
- Strategic member of the leadership team responsible for driving employee experience and workplace culture
- Set the vision and strategy for people operations consistent with the values and goals of the organization.
- Plan and direct the Clubs performance management, employee development, compensation strategies and career management programs.
- Lead recruitment efforts for all senior level roles within the club
- Partner with the Director of Legal on contract management, policy, and compliance with professional and regulatory standards
- Support department leaders on all employee relations issues and engage legal where needed.
- Lead the implementation and administration of an HRIS system.
- Lead and continually enhance onboarding activities to ensure we are providing new hires with the right tools to be effective in their new role.
- Champion initiatives to cultivate and grow our culture, including bringing forth ideas, participating in the development and implementation of these initiatives.
- Create and implement training and development programs to attract, develop, and retain employees.
- Support the development and implementation of Diversity and Inclusion initiatives by working closely with the team’s Director of Diversity and Inclusion and working groups.
- Contributing member of the club’s Safe Sport Advisory Committee to ensure proper safe sport training, policies and practices are in place to create emotionally and physically safe environments for players, parents and staff.
- Oversee the administration and strategy of our benefit policies and programs.
- Create and analyze HR metrics to measure the effectiveness of current HR programs and processes.
- Support the post Covid return to office planning and delivery – remote work transition.
- Manage and develop our team’s Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in an HR Generalist capacity. Preference will be for those that have previous experience with managing a team.
- Good knowledge of HR standards and best practices
- Experience leading and managing multiple HR programs.
- Experience working in an organization that has a remote and distributed work environment.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Appropriate and authentic interpersonal and communication skills
- Professional judgement when dealing with employee issues.
- Adaptable and flexible with a demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly interactive / energetic team environment.
If you feel you have what it takes to contribute to our team, please email your resume and cover letter indicating how you meet our qualifications, to email@example.com
Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.