Vancouver Whitecaps FC is looking for a videographer/editor with a passion for soccer, the community and engaging storytelling that will serve them both. Working as a member of the club’s content and communications team, you will create innovative and engaging video content for the club’s digital outlets, broadcast partners, in-game entertainment, & sponsors. This position will be heavily involved in the day-to-day video shooting, editing, producing and delivery to internal & external clients.
How you will contribute:
- An active member of an award-winning team that develops and produces compelling video projects that grow and maintain a league-leading level of fan engagement
- Help grow the club by shooting, editing, and producing highly engaging content for multiple platforms (broadcast, digital, social)
- Edit/shoot videos to capture matchday experience, goals, and atmosphere
- Member of a highly functioning cross-departmental team that develops original and effective partnership content.
- Understanding industry best practices and MLS guidelines for creating sponsored content
- Assist in managing day to day logging, archiving, storage, and transfer of video assets
- Assist in developing strategy and tracking performance of sponsored content
What are we looking for:
- 2+ years of professional experience producing high-quality video content
- Proficient in Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premier
- Experienced in shooting with DSLR cameras
- Skilled editor and storyteller with a creative flair
- A full-time learner, continually wanting to improve.
- Understanding of best practice in lighting and sound recording in video production.
- Strong time management skills, understanding of video & creative project workflow.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple project timelines simultaneously
- Strong knowledge of soccer and sport
- Ability to work well with many departments including senior management.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office, Mac/PC software, and web/new media technology.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, and travel as needed.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- A valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract are required
Why work for Whitecaps FC:
- The chance to work in a fun, non-traditional work environment
- Front Office on Terry Fox Plaza at BC Place and the world class National Soccer Development Centre at UBC.
- Excellent training and support to enable you to do the job
- Benefits included a generous extended health and dental plan, unlimited paid time off and heavily discounted game day tickets
- Be part of Vancouver’s most exciting sporting environment
If you feel you have what it takes to contribute to our team, please email your resume and cover letter indicating how you meet our qualifications to email@example.com, including Editor/Videographer in the subject line.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is an equal opportunity employer and believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No recruiters or agencies, please.