Boys Head Coach, WFC Edmonton BMO Academy
The Whitecaps FC mission is To Unite and Inspire Our Communities. We are looking for a new team member to contribute to the Vancouver Whitecaps culture by understanding and supporting our four cornerstones: team spirit, discipline, work ethic and mentality.
The role of Boys Head Coach, WFC Edmonton BMO Academy is to provide leadership, day to day management, promotion, and head coaching of the Whitecaps FC Edmonton Boys MLS Prospects program, while supporting additional events, camps and club programs.
Boys MLS Prospects
- Lead in designing and delivering training sessions, games and competitions
- Develop a Game Model specific to the Edmonton Centre based on the club’s framework
- Work with technical staff to provide player evaluations
- Provide individual performance analysis on a continuous basis
- Travel with program to any away matches, tournaments and other competitions as scheduled
- Work with team staff to supervise and care for players
- Complete all training and match day responsibilities
- Attend scheduled scouting events and file reports and feedback
Academy Centre Programming
- Support Girl’s Elite REX Prospects head coach as needed in leading, coaching and managing
- Develop and implement a growth strategy for Academy Centre programs in the community
- Visit and coach in the Academy Centre network
- Provide coaching visits to select clubs and network partner programs
- Provide virtual academy coaching
General Program Responsibilities
- Provide appropriate progress reports on agreed measurable indicators and attend meetings as scheduled or required
- Attend public appearances and events as required, including promotional and sponsorship engagements, community events and Whitecaps hosted events
- Support national, provincial and regional center combines and camps
- Management and delivery at prospect and residential camps
In addition to bringing a commitment to Vancouver Whitecaps FC vision and values, the ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Minimum Canada Soccer National B Coaching License, Youth License, or international equivalent preferred (Can also be in the process of receiving)
- Knowledge of and support for the Canada Soccer LTPD model
- A proven track record and a passion for both grassroots and high-performance programs
- Experience with coaching youth soccer and the design of associated programs
- Knowledge of elite player systems and how they differ and integrate with community programs
- Experience directly managing, mentoring, and motivating highly qualified, elite coaches
- Experience with and a passion for the education and development of coaches at all levels
- An understanding of the structure of competitive youth soccer and how it relates to optimal player development
- Knowledge of the Canadian soccer landscape, and the challenges and opportunities it presents to grassroots and high-performance player development
- Experience managing technical budgets and associated cost management and reporting
- An ability to think and plan strategically, and effectively link technical planning with broader Club goals and strategic intent
- Strong communications skills and an ability to convey technical planning to non‐technical Club stakeholders, including the parents of players
- A team player, with an ability to operate as part of an integrated multi‐functional team
- Training and support available to help develop your career
- Become part of a professional national network all tied to full-time programs in BC
- Become involved with Vancouver’s most exciting sporting environment
Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This includes but is not limited to people of colour, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact our Human Resources department.
If you feel you have what it takes to contribute to our team, please email your resume and cover letter indicating how you meet our qualifications, to email@example.com with the position title as the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.