Facilities & Maintenance Coordinator
The Whitecaps FC mission is To Unite and Inspire Our Communities. We are looking for a new team member to join Vancouver Whitecaps FC in the position of Facilities & Maintenance Coordinator.
The Facilities & Maintenance Coordinator will be responsible for the daily operation, annual maintenance, janitorial and long-term health of all physical assets on site year-round at the National Soccer Development Centre.
- Overall daily maintenance of the NSDC building and grounds, including ensuring that the facility, grounds and equipment are clean, tidy and in good repair
- Act as a key point of contact for all NSDC central services (mail, courier, shipping and receiving etc.)
- Coordinate all facility/meeting room bookings within the NSDC
- Assist with the execution of NSDC special events or projects
- Act as a first point of contact between UBC Building Operations and Health Authority Facility Managers on all issues related to room security and access
- Act as a member of First Aid Attendants for NSDC
- Establish and maintain open, positive relationships with employees and external contractors
- Oversee facility security through automated and manual systems
- Maintain a clean, safe, and accessible workplace to employees, players and guests, and leading the Health & Safety programs for the NSDC
- Manage facility equipment, amenities and furniture for repairs and renovations (gym equipment, hot tub, grounds equipment)
- Maintain supply inventory and maintain reports and logs
In addition to bringing a commitment to Vancouver Whitecaps FC vision and values, the ideal candidate will require degrees of demonstrated experience as follows:
- Strong knowledge of maintenance and building operations
- 1-2 years experience as a Facilities Coordinator or similar role
- A strong awareness and understanding of the need for discretion and confidentiality in the role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Experience with office equipment and security systems
- An understanding of WorkSafeBC regulations within the workplace
- Sound decision-making skills and the ability to find practical solutions under pressure
- Ability to lift approximately 30 lbs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment both independently and within a team
- A clean and valid BC driver’s license
- Occupational First Aid Certification is an asset
- Knowledge of Hot Tub maintenance is an asset
- Certificate in building/facility maintenance is preferred
- Working hours may be outside of a traditional work week and includes evenings and weekends
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada; remote work is not available for this role
- The chance to work in a fun, non-traditional workplace that truly cares about people and communities
- First class facilities at the National Soccer Development Centre
- Training and support available to help develop your career
- A generous extended health and dental plan
- Heavily discounted game day tickets
- Become involved with Vancouver’s most exciting sporting environment
If you feel you have what it takes to contribute to our team, please email your resume and cover letter indicating how you meet our qualifications, to email@example.com.
Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.