Coordinator, First Team Operations & Administration
The Whitecaps FC mission is To Unite and Inspire Our Communities. To help reach this objective, the club is looking for a qualified and passionate individual to fill the role of First Team Operations & Administration Coordinator.
Reporting to the Director, First Team Operations, in this role you will be the main contact for Vancouver Whitecaps FC First Team players (MLS) and provide overall administration and support services for the Team and their National Soccer Development Centre (NSDC) Training Facility.
How you will contribute:
- First point of contact for first team players and families, liaising with external partners and other of the Whitecaps FC to ensure professional services are being provided
- Supporting Immigration & Relocation of Players/Family - Assisting in-house legal counsel and the VP of Soccer Operations with player relocation (travel, accommodation, expense, immigration requirements and logistics) and on boarding as needed
- Management of the MLS Payroll/MLS Insurance/Canadian Soccer/Relocation Platforms
- Reconciliation & payment of all reimbursements for players and soccer operations
- Administration of department budgets: forecasting/cost control and expense reports for all First Team travel and day to day operations
- Assist and report all tax related items (income tax/benefit etc.)
- Coordinate learning & development for players in multiple areas, including adjustment to new environments and daily schedules, etc.
- Act as liaison and support match day requirements (home and away), host Team friends and family, as well as coordination of visiting team requirements
- All other duties related to the position as required
What are we looking for:
- 5+ years of administrative experience, with a proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Extremely high levels of organization and attention to detail
- Strong initiative and problem-solving abilities, responsive to constant change, and capable of working both independently and within a very strong team environment
- An understanding of exceptional guest service, internal and external
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, with the ability to build relationships in both one-on-one situations and presenting to larger groups
- A full-time learner, continually wanting to improve.
- Strong knowledge of soccer and sport
- Fluency in Microsoft Office, including Teams
- Flexibility to work non-traditional hours (including Match Days) and travel as needed.
- Thorough knowledge of Greater Vancouver and a valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract are required
- Additional languages would be an asset.
Why work for Whitecaps FC:
- The chance to work in a fun, non-traditional work environment
- Front Office on Terry Fox Plaza at BC Place and the world class National Soccer Development Centre at UBC.
- Excellent training and support to enable you to do the job
- Benefits included a generous extended health and dental plan, unlimited paid time off and heavily discounted game day tickets
- Be part of Vancouver’s most exciting sporting environment
If you feel you have what it takes to contribute to our team, please email your resume and cover letter indicating how you meet our qualifications to email@example.com, including Coordinator, First Team Operations & Administration in the Subject line.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is an equal opportunity employer and believes that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No recruiters or agencies, please.