Lead, Video Production
The Whitecaps FC mission is To Unite and Inspire Our Communities. We are looking for a new team member to join Vancouver Whitecaps FC in the position of Lead, Video Production.
The Lead, Video Production is responsible for overseeing high-level video productions for both co-branded content and large-scale brand initiatives. This position will be responsible for the ideation, planning and execution of long-form storytelling for branded content.
This Lead will also be integral in the planning and production of important brand projects and will seek to maximize fan engagement by creating engaging video content that will deepen the connection between our club and its fans.
- Establish a consistent production design for club content, particularly regarding lighting and videography techniques used across all content
- Manage the production team to ensure that visual standards are being kept across the board
- Manage edit timelines and mentor other producers and freelance staff
- Lead and direct a wide range of branded video projects from start to finish
- Act as the lead producer on co-branded content and large-scale brand-driven initiatives such as intro videos, jersey launches, “Extra-Time” docuseries and more
- Oversee creative video highlights, features, and programs to be published on the club website, social platforms, and television programs
- Collaborate with the Senior Manager, Content to evolve the Caps’ content strategy to reach new audiences across multiple channels and platforms
- Pitch and create sponsored content series in line with the team vision and the partner’s brand and objectives
- Advance the Caps’ content efforts, including developing content, sharing best practices & industry trends, and providing expertise around production and post-production practices
In addition to bringing a commitment to Vancouver Whitecaps FC's vision and values, the ideal candidate will require degrees of demonstrated experience as follows:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Film Production, Communications, Broadcasting or other industry-relevant majors is preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Video Production in a fast-paced sports or entertainment organization
- Expertise in documentary and long-form content production
- A passion for soccer, sport, and video production with a strong understanding of the North American soccer scene, MLS, and the respective digital landscape
- Experience as a team lead on various projects in terms of video production
- Project management from conceptualization to completion – ideation, storyboarding, scriptwriting, shooting, lighting, editing, graphics, colour correction, audio mastering and delivery
- Ability to identify the needs and goals of partners to ensure to meet contractual expectations, whilst also maintaining the clubs’ standards for authentic storytelling
- Proficiency and experience with Adobe Creative Suite to produce videos and animation
- Expert ability with multiple cameras and production formats, including Canon C300’s, Blackmagic’s, DSLR
- The ability to collaborate with other producers, graphic designers, and game presentation staff
- Flexible schedule and ability to work unconventional hours including weekends and game nights
- Fluency in Spanish is an asset
- Experience in Photography, Graphic Design and Animation is an asset
- The chance to work in a fun, non-traditional workplace that truly cares about people and communities
- First-class facilities at the National Soccer Development Centre and downtown Vancouver
- Training and support available to help develop your career
- A generous extended health and dental plan
- Heavily discounted game day tickets
- Become involved with Vancouver’s most exciting sporting environment
Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This includes but is not limited to people of colour, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact our People & Culture department.
If you are interested in applying, please apply for the role using the link: Lead, Video Production
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.