Manager, Accounting & Finance
The Vancouver Whitecaps FC mission is To Unite and Inspire Our Communities, both on and off the pitch. We are looking for a new team member to join us in the role of Manager, Accounting & Finance.
The Manager, Finance & Accounting will have overall responsibility for the daily operations and reporting for all internal and external team financial related matters within the organization. This is a fantastic opportunity for a high performing Senior Accountant that is looking for the next step in their career within a unique, high-energy industry!
- Oversight of all F&A daily operations including reporting, banking, reconciliation, AP/AR processes, all in accordance with company policy/procedure, and other applicable standards and legislation.
- Manage the reconciliation of all revenue streams, including ticketing, soccer development, licensed merchandise, and sponsor partnerships.
- Support the development of the Club’s budget and responsible for forecast updates, identifying variances through our online BI integration platform (Vena Solutions), and implementing corrective measures as needed.
- Prepare the period-end financial statements and assist in preparing ad-hoc group reporting packages on an as-needed basis.
- Utilize data analytics to develop, monitor and improve processes for analyzing financial data and benchmarks to establish cost efficiencies, accountabilities, and effectiveness of services
- Provide data analysis and financial decision support which could include financial modelling, business analysis, and business case development
- Standardize and automate processes to improve accuracy and ease of financial reporting and functions
- Coach & develop reporting team member as well as support and educate other department team members to ensure an engaged work environment
- Responsible for oversight and reconciliation of the Club’s Canadian and US Dollar accounts.
- Settlement, recognition, and accounting for the any value-in-kind sponsorship received by the Club.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and assisting in the preparation of necessary documentation for external audits and reviews.
- Oversee the preparation and administration of the Club’s regulatory compliance requirements for GST, PST and withholding tax remittances and filings, as well as prepare and submit all MLS team financial reporting as required.
- Other duties may evolve based on the aptitudes and interests of the individual and the needs of the Club.
In addition to bringing a commitment to Vancouver Whitecaps FC vision and values, the ideal candidate will require a broad base of account management with degrees of demonstrated experience as follows:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in full cycle accounting in a medium-sized business setting.
- CPA accounting designation preferred
- Preference will be given to those that have experience with the following software packages or systems: Sage, Vena Solutions, Tableau, Ticketmaster Archtics, Concur, Beanworks (Sage AP), Bambora.
- Advanced Excel skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized with a demonstrated outstanding attention to detail.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability.
- “Team” attitude with desire to pitch in to overall Club operations to ensure we always deliver the best experience possible for our fans and guests.
- Ability to work a varied schedule as required to ensure timely reporting and the occasional home game presence
- Centrally located office at Terry Fox Plaza, downtown Vancouver
- Training and support available to help develop your career
- A generous extended health and dental plan
- Unlimited personal time off
- Heavily discounted game day tickets
- Become involved with Vancouver’s most exciting sporting environment
- “Dress for your day” dress code
Vancouver Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This includes but is not limited to people of colour, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact our Human Resources department.
If you feel you have what it takes to contribute to our team, please email your resume and cover letter indicating how you meet our qualifications, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title as the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.