Manager, Partnership Content
The Whitecaps FC mission is To Unite and Inspire Our Communities. We are looking for a new team member to contribute to the Vancouver Whitecaps culture by understanding and supporting our four cornerstones: team spirit, discipline, work ethic and mentality.
The Manager, Partnership Content is responsible for managing the production and delivery of sponsored, corporate, and commercial content on Vancouver Whitecaps FC’s social media and digital platforms. As an active member of the Whitecaps FC’s Marketing and Content team, this role will maximize fan engagement by working closely with the Partnerships, Game Presentation, Community & Social Impact, and Sales teams to create and deliver programs that drive revenue, engage fans and elevate our social media profiles.
- Create effective features and campaigns for partners and internal sales objectives that result in league-leading levels of fan engagement with Whitecaps fans
- Manage and oversee execution of sponsored content commitments, including organizing production, researching and coordinating content, and working with videographers and editors to deliver final products to prearranged deadlines
- Collaborate with other Whitecaps FC departments to strategize best timing/use of social channels to publish content, including but not limited to partnerships, ticket sales, game presentation, merchandise, and community
- Bring a creative and innovative mindset to keep our content at the forefront of digital trends and emerging platforms
- Develop video briefs and coordinate shooting requirements with internal departments and external clients, including organizing run sheets and points of contact for videographers at on-location shoots
- Manage static and motion graphic requests in relation to partnership projects and coordinate delivery of logos, lower thirds and other digital assets with internal departments and external clients.
- Brief clients and interview subjects on content requirements and organize timelines and locations for shoots, including sourcing, arranging and briefing freelance videographers.
- Manage and archive footage shot by freelance videographers
- Manage and work with partnerships team to establish agreed-upon KPIs tied to partner integration and corresponding revenue generation
- Ensure all output adheres to MLS Commercial Guidelines and legal requirements, including copyright law
- Work with the club’s Business Intelligence team to use data to measure the impact and progress across all social channels toward larger revenue goals while maintaining authentic fan engagement across channels
In addition to bringing a commitment to Vancouver Whitecaps FC vision and values, the ideal candidate will require a broad base of information technology knowledge with degrees of demonstrated experience as follows:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience managing content delivery, including coordinating video productions
- Experience with the delivery of sponsored content across digital platforms and social channels
- A strong understanding of best practices on all social media platforms
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks with limited supervision and under tight deadlines
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a business or media related discipline
- A passion for soccer, sport, social media and engaging with our online community
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Pro
- The ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as required
- Excellent people and communications skills, with an ability to interact professionally and effectively with internal and external clients at all levels within an organization
- The chance to work in a fun, non-traditional workplace that truly cares about people and communities
- First class facilities at the National Soccer Development Centre and downtown Vancouver
- Training and support available to help develop your career
- A generous extended health and dental plan
- Unlimited personal time off
- Heavily discounted game day tickets
- Become involved with Vancouver’s most exciting sporting environment
- Business casual dress code
Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This includes but is not limited to people of colour, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact our Human Resources department.
If you feel you have what it takes to contribute to our team, please email your resume and cover letter indicating how you meet our qualifications, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title as the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.