Manager, Strategic Process & Administration
The Whitecaps FC mission is To Unite and Inspire Our Communities. We are looking for a new team member to join Vancouver Whitecaps FC in the position of Manager, Strategic Process & Administration.
Reporting to the club’s General Counsel, the Manager, Strategic Process & Administration will work closely with employees at all levels of the Club. This role will be fundamental in providing project leadership, providing administrative support and recommendations, and creating processes and practices to improve the day-to-day efficiency and effectiveness of the Club’s legal and administration functions.
This role must be able to adapt to changing priorities and business needs and must be proactive in identifying areas of need and generating action plans.
1. Legal Operations
- Assist, and act as a liaison for, General Counsel and drive cross-departmental integration, efficiency, and effectiveness. Assist with review, internal alignment and streamlining standards, policies, and procedures.
- Manage execution of various Club contracts for internal partners working within Club’s sporting and business departments.
- Provide exceptional and timely service in response to internal and external requests.
- Attend meetings with General Counsel and if requested, other members of the Club’s executive team. Participate and take notes, with goal of contributing to follow up discussions and meeting de-briefs.
- Liaise with MLS, Canada Soccer and outside counsel, as required.
2. Strategic Process Development
- Serve as a liaison within the Club, helping to analyze and refine procedures, policies and workflows.
- Develop and enforce processes and policies to manage outside counsel usage and spend.
- Oversee the creation and implementation of processes that support organization-wide strategic initiatives.
- Support change management to optimize operations and workflows, drive innovation and enable a data-driven culture for performance and growth.
- Adapt to changing priorities and business needs, and proactively identify areas of need and generate action plans that drive performance improvements and support practical and effective solutions.
- Proactively identify areas in need of process improvement and generate action plans to support practical and effective solutions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and/or business units including Data Science, IT, Soccer Operations and regulatory.
3. Research and Analysis
- Conduct research and analysis, including legal research, on a wide range of sporting and business issues, and present findings to inform decision-making.
- Develop comprehensive understandings of MLS rules and regulations, and assist General Counsel in supporting/educating sporting and business departments on compliance.
- Prepare detailed memos and reports to assist Club’s executive team in strategic decision-making.
4. Special Projects
- Define and drive strategic and operational initiatives with on-time and on-budget results.
- Support, manage and execute cross-departmental projects across the full range of subject matter supported by the Club’s legal and administrative functions.
In addition to bringing a commitment to Vancouver Whitecaps FC vision and values, the ideal candidate will require degrees of demonstrated experience as follows:
- Passion for sport and drive for long-term success in the sports industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sports management, economics or related field.
- Excellent analytical and research skills. Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative data, and present findings.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects/deadlines.
- Project management experience and excellent problem-solving skills– achieve project-specific goals through time management, responsiveness and timely communication, efficient research and practical application of findings, and effective decision-making regarding resource allocation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills:
- Effective listener, with the ability to build strong internal and external relationships at all levels.
- Demonstrated experience in generating written reports.
- High initiative levels, with the ability to work well independently as well as collaborate within a strong team environment (including remotely).
- An understanding of working in a high-profile organization and how it relates to risk management and confidentiality.
- Centrally located office at Terry Fox Plaza, downtown Vancouver.
- Training and support available to help develop your career.
- A generous extended health and dental plan.
- Heavily discounted game day tickets.
- Become involved with Vancouver’s most exciting sporting environment.
- Business casual dress code.
Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This includes but is not limited to people of colour, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact our Human Resources department.
If you feel you have what it takes to contribute to our team, please email your resume and cover letter indicating how you meet our qualifications, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title as the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.