Part of the Sales and Service Leadership team, the Sales manager will manage and lead a team of sales account executives. This leadership position is expected to be highly engaged in development of ticket sales offerings, programming of new ticket sales revenue opportunities and people management.
This position will start with the team later this summer in anticipation of the club playing matches at BC Place.
- Lead and cultivate a positive sales culture in a competitive environment that supports the ongoing development of sales team members through the growth of creative and innovative programming.
- Generate new business revenue by proactively planning and selling Whitecaps FC Ticket offerings, including full season seats, mini plans, group tickets and flex products.
- Develop and execute an annual sales plan and strategy to sell Whitecaps FC Season Seats, and other ticket products to exceed revenue goals.
- Build meaningful and collaborative relationships with stakeholders to ensure the continued growth of Whitecaps FC ticket revenue.
- Utilize data and analytics to create insights to make informed, thoughtful decisions, both internally and externally.
- Leverage the expertise of internal stakeholders to create innovative and meaningful solutions.
- Explore alternate technology and tools to enhance overall sales results.
- Establish, and participate, in the development of annual revenue goals, monitoring sales activities, and proactively respond to trends of the sales results.
- Ensure all lead and prospect information is captured in the CRM system and maintain accurate customer and prospective customer records in our database.
- Understand and leverage data to customize ticket product offerings.
- Along with our Manager, Fan Relations, work to ensure a smooth transition of new Season Seat Holders customer from the Sales team to the Service and Retention team/Premium Services team.
- Be an active member of the Sales and Service leadership team.
Requirements and Attributes
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ sales experience.
- Past people management and leadership is a desired asset.
- Post-Secondary education within a business, marketing, or related discipline.
- Experience with Archtics is an asset.
- Experience with Salesforce is an asset.
- Competitive, passionate, personable, and outgoing.
- Must have the ability to:
- Deliver results and exceed expectations while working collaboratively with others.
- Effectively manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Present ideas/concepts creatively and succinctly.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, in addition to the ability to have a strong telephone presence.
- Must be flexible and willing to work evenings, weekends and holidays, on an as needed basis.
If you feel you have what it takes to contribute to our team, please email your resume and cover letter indicating how you meet our qualifications, to email@example.com
Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.