Sales Specialist - Future Opportunities
On the pitch, Whitecaps FC is steeped in North American history, dating back to 1974. After making the jump to MLS in 2011, our club has found success year over year. Breaking club point records, continuing the tradition of lifting the Cascadia Cup, winning our first-ever Canadian Championship, and finally bringing the MLS Cup playoffs to BC Place.
The Whitecaps FC mission is To Unite and Inspire Our Communities. To help reach this objective, the club is looking for a qualified and passionate individual to fill the role of Sales Specialist for our ticketing department. This individual will posses the motivation to generate new business by promoting Whitecaps season tickets to new and returning Caps club members. They will be responsible for a high level of customer service and professionalism as demonstrated by hitting sales targets and client retention. This individual must work well in a team environment and have a positive attitude. The position includes over 80 hours of training and weekly meetings to ensure you are well equipped to succeed in this role. Sales Specialist is an entry level role with the potential to move up to a Sales Executive.
We currently do not have any openings at this time but will review your resume and be in touch as soon as a position becomes available.
How you will contribute:
- Help grow our supporter base by identifying and facilitating new ticket sales
- Generate ticket sales revenue through lead generation and qualifying prospects
- Generate contacts through both inside and outside sales networking opportunities
- Develop and maintain relationships through excellent customer service
- Communicate and carry out service policies and procedures to Season Ticket Holders in the most professional manner
- Participate in our Account Specialist, Sales & Service Training Program
- Maintain computerized records of all clients and prospects via ticketing software
- Handle inbound calls and provide necessary information to convert into sales or assist in service issues
- Develop relationships with full season and partial season ticket members
- Assist with Game day duties and provide support during special events and promotions
What will you bring to this position:
- Sales and/or service experience an asset
- Self-motivation with a hard working attitude
- Passion for sales
- Diploma or degree preferred, but combination education/experience will be considered
- High degree of professionalism
- Strong time-management and organizational skills (multi-tasking a must!)
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral
- Fantastic, dynamic interpersonal skills and positive, approachable personality
- Ability to grind autonomously, yet simultaneously act as a team player who thrives in a collaborative environment
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Because working during games and special events is expected, you must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
Why work for Whitecaps FC:
- The chance to work in a fun, non-traditional work environment
- Centrally located offices in Gastown
- Excellent training and support to enable you to do the job
- Benefits included a generous extended health and dental plan, unlimited personal time off and heavily discounted game day tickets
- Be part of Vancouver’s most exciting sporting environment
If you feel you have what it takes to contribute to our team, please email your resume and cover letter indicating how you meet our qualifications, to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.