Talent Acquisition Specialist
Unity. Winning. Honour.
On the pitch, Whitecaps FC is steeped in North American history, dating back to 1974. After finally making the jump to MLS in 2011, our club has found success year over year. Breaking club point records, continuing the tradition of lifting the Cascadia Cup, winning our first-ever Canadian Championship, and finally bringing the MLS Cup playoffs to BC Place.
The Whitecaps FC mission is To Unite and Inspire Our Communities. To help reach this objective, the club is looking for a qualified and passionate individual to fill the role of Talent Acquisition Specialist. If you have a passion for providing exemplary customer service and finding the best talent, we want to hear from you.
How you will contribute:
- Oversee a full cycle hiring portfolio which you can impact from start to finish – uncover talent needs with hiring managers, coordinate interviewing and selection and be accountable for the full candidate experience right up to their first day.
- As an expert in recruitment, you will provide feedback and recommendations at every step of the process, with the goal of selecting the most qualified and capable candidate in all respects
- Manage the job offer process, including negotiation, background/reference checks and basic employment contracts for successful candidates.
- Implement tactics that build long term equity in the Vancouver Whitecaps FC employment brand and drive awareness – ie: events, social media, networking etc.
- Anticipate needs of internal clients and deliver solutions before requested
- Partnering with the Head of HR on departmental objectives and ad-hoc projects
What are we looking for:
- 2+ years of related recruitment experience, preferably hiring entry to mid level positions
- Experience providing full cycle support to hiring managers/teams inclusive of intake meetings, presentation of candidate slates, interview coordination and offer of employment
- Strong understanding of “leading market” sourcing and recruitment techniques and methods; effective at identifying and sourcing passive candidates; strong direct sourcing
- Strong attention to detail, ability to maintain accurate records and status tracking, and basic employment contract terms and conditions.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to proactively network and establish effective working relationships
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Why work for Whitecaps FC:
- The chance to work in a fun, non-traditional work environment
- Centrally located offices in Gastown
- Excellent training and support to enable you to do the job
- Benefits included a generous extended health and dental plan, unlimited paid time off and heavily discounted game day tickets
- Be part of Vancouver’s most exciting sporting environment
If you feel you have what it takes to contribute to our team, please email your resume and cover letter indicating how you meet our qualifications, to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.