Video Analyst, Academy
The Whitecaps FC mission is To Unite and Inspire Our Communities. We are looking for a new team member to join Vancouver Whitecaps FC in the position of Video Analyst, Academy
Reporting to the First Team Video Analyst, the Video Analyst, Academy will be responsible for the collection, distribution and analysis of footage for our MLS Academy Programs and Whitecaps FC 2 teams in addition to training and First Team support.
Collection, Distribution and Analysis of Footage
- Ensure all competition matches are filmed from a tactical perspective for the Vancouver Whitecaps U19, U17, U16 and U15 programs
- Distribute footage to players and coaches in a timely manner
- Import external partners XML data to enable our players access to individual footage
- Work closely with performance group to provide insightful and effective interventions as/when appropriate
Whitecaps FC 2
- Provide WFC2 coaches with detailed pre match analysis of the upcoming opposition
- Attend all games for WFC2 including travel and provide live and half-time analysis
- Provide post-match analysis for review for coaches and players
- Develop performance systems for coaches using the Hudl SportsCode to integrate match reviews
- Support coaches in annual academy performance reviews
- Advance match analysis process for Whitecaps Academy to lead to impactful interactions with coaches and players through reviews and previews
- Support coaches in their ongoing use and onboarding of analysis tools
- Hudl, SportsCode, Coach Paint & InStat
- Film trainings sessions for academy teams as required
Equipment and First Team Support
- Manage and coordinate all academy analysis equipment
- Assist in First Team duties as and when instructed by first team analysts
Additional Club and Meeting Commitments
- Attend staff meetings as scheduled by members of the Whitecaps FC management team
- Attend special meetings for program related issues as required and scheduled
In addition to bringing a commitment to Vancouver Whitecaps FC vision and values, the ideal candidate will require degrees of demonstrated experience as follows:
- Demonstrated experience in a sporting environment, such as coach, player and/or analyst
- Experience in using video analysis software (SportsCode, Coach Paint, etc)
- Proficient computer skills (Mac experience is beneficial)
- Proficiency in presentation software such as PowerPoint or Keynote.
- Experience using filming equipment; usage of a drone is an asset
- Able to work in an environment with flexible and varying schedules, working weekends and holidays
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and able to problem solve under pressure.
- The chance to work in a fun, non-traditional workplace that truly cares about people and communities
- First class facilities at the National Soccer Development Centre
- Training and support available to help develop your career
- A generous extended health and dental plan
- Heavily discounted game day tickets
- Become involved with Vancouver’s most exciting sporting environment
Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This includes but is not limited to people of color, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact our Human Resources department.
If you are interested in applying, please apply for the role using the link: Academy Video Analyst
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.