Manager, Premium Sales
Originally established in 1974, Vancouver Whitecaps FC is one of the most storied and decorated soccer clubs in North America. Built upon a traditional club model, Vancouver Whitecaps FC has a strong development foundation encompassing grassroots programming, elite player development, a full time Residency program, WFC2 (the club’s USL Pro) and the top of the pyramid - the club’s first team which competes in Major League Soccer.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC’s mission is to be a champion club on and off the soccer pitch. To help reach this objective, the club is looking for a qualified and passionate individual to fill the role of Manager, Premium Sales.
The Manager, Premium Sales is a sales focused role in which the successful candidate needs to be comfortable with cold calls, generating new leads and managing the sales pipeline for corporate suites and other premium products. S/he will be expected to deliver on aggressive sales targets and to continuously generate leads to grow revenue.
Reporting structure: Based in Vancouver at the club’s head office, the Manager, Hospitality Sales reports directly to the Senior Manager, Sales.
- Prospect, negotiate and close deals that focus specifically suites, premium products and related hospitality revenues for the organization.
- Work with the Partnerships team to initiate and grow sustainable client relationships.
- Maintain a direct relationship with the Ticket Sales team to ensure continuity of messaging and leads tracking
- Generate new revenue by identifying prospective clients and strategic partners through various channels.
- Assist in the creation and management of the organization’s sales process and strategies for premium products.
- Keep up to date with current developments in the sports marketing industry (specifically premium products) and utilize this information to guide strategy for potential new proposals and properties.
- Maintain an up-to-date and working knowledge of soccer, the MLS and Whitecaps FC as well as the competitive landscape in Canada, North America and around the globe.
- Other duties, as required and assigned.
- Exceptional relationship management and negotiation skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills.
- Comfort and experience with both cold calling and consultative sales.
- Successful track record in delivering on sales targets.
- Commitment to a team environment and working closely with others to ensure team success.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience presenting to, communicating and negotiating with, senior-level and C-level executives.
- Highly motivated individual with excellent problem solving skills; able to meet challenging deadlines and aggressive financial targets.
- Ability to thrive in a complex and fast paced work environment.
- Proven ability to make critical decisions independently without supervision while being accountable for those decisions.
- Strong experience crafting compelling and impactful sales presentations.
- Excellent organization, time-management and administrative skills essential.
- Attention to detail and a strong sales focus are essential.
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office and social media.
- Assets include previous experience selling digital/online advertising; working with Salesforce; and a passion for sports and soccer in particular.
This role will require the ability and willingness to work non-standard hours including evenings and weekends for games, special events and other club initiatives. This is an evolving position and responsibilities may shift over time.
If you are legally entitled to work in Canada, please submit your CV and cover letter indicating your salary expectations to:
Wendy Wait, Senior Manager, Human Resources via email: email@example.com
This posting will remain active until a short list of candidates has been established for interviewing.
Sales and Service
Our Sales and Service Department is always interested in hearing from the next great sales person! Please click here for further information.