Mountain WFC top Super Y Rankings

British Columbia clubs picked up nine of an available 22 spots in the 2009 Super Y-League Ranking System, including a number one boys ranking for Mountain WFC. In the overall top club category, Mountain led the way with an impressive number three overall ranking, having been edged out by the top overall club in Super Y this season in Northern Virginia Majestics/Royals. Northern Virginia finished just ahead of #2 MPS Bulldogs/Renegades and Mountain.
BC teams continued to break into the top 22, with Coastal WFC listed in the First 11 Club Rankings as the #7 club overall, with newcomers Coquitlam Metro-Ford hitting #15 in just their first year, followed by West Coast Capitals from Victoria, BC, at #16 and Surrey WFC at #21.    
In the Boys Rankings, Mountain were the number one boys club, followed by Coastal at #9 and Abbotsford Mariners at #15. As last year's U-16 Boys North American Finals champions, Mountain completed a 36W-6L-6D record in the Super Y this season. The club’s U-15 Boys went unbeaten this season with a 8W-0L-2D record, while their U-13 Boys had just one blemish on their 11W-1L-0D record. For the Girls Rankings, Coastal cracked the First 11 with a #7 ranking followed by West Coast Capitals at #12 and Surrey at #19. Washington Freedom edged Cleveland Internationals for the right to call themselves the best girls club in Super Y. The rankings are based primarily upon the on-field results. Point percentage accounts for 70 per cent of the score, while minimum standards and operations complete the other 30 per cent. Top clubs are ranked from one to 22 in three categories: overall, boys, and girls. CLICK HERE to view the 2008 Super Y-League Regular Season First and Second 11 Rankings The scores will be readjusted based on the clubs' performances at the annual Super Y-League North American Finals, where all but one of the 38 clubs in the First or Second 11 Rankings will be competing for 10 championships, beginning Friday, November 20. The clubs will also be recognized during the United Soccer Leagues’ Annual General Meeting - the second half of the USL’s SoccerFest - which is held in conjunction with the North American Finals in downtown Tampa, Florida. A record 16 BC-based Pacific Northwest Division teams are headed to Florida to compete in the North American Finals, with each of the Whitecaps and BC Soccer's seven Professional Development Partner clubs sending at least one team to Tampa. The most experienced Super Y clubs lead the way, with Coastal sending their U-13 and U-14 Girls and their U-13 and U-16 Boys, while Mountain will send their U-13, U-15, and U-16 Boys and their U-15 Girls. West Coast Capitals are sending teams to the finals for the first time, as their U-14, U-15, and U-16 Girls teams each finished second in their respective divisions. Newcomers Coquitlam Metro-Ford are sending two teams after their U-14 Boys won their division, and their U-13 Girls finished in second place. For the first time, Thompson Okanagan will send a team to Florida, as the U-14 Boys earned second place in their division. Abbotsford qualified their U-15 Boys after they finished second in their division, while Surrey round out the group by matching their 2008 total, sending one team after their U-16 Girls won their division. The Whitecaps and BC Soccer congratulate all the BC Super Y-League teams and wish them plenty of success at the North American Finals. Make sure to visit our Youth Development website regularly in November for a Finals preview and match results from Florida.