Sunday June 14 is the first ever Bark at the 'Bird at Thunderbird Stadium! Here are a few things that you need to know before bringing your dog to the match.
Your dog might be a fit if he/she is:
- Friendly and not excessively aggressive or fearful around other dogs or people
- In relatively good health
- Up to date on rabies vaccinations (a waiver must be signed stating that your dog’s vaccinations from a licensed veterinarian are current)
- Well behaved while on a leash
- A fan of Vancouver Whitecaps FC!
Please note the following:
Every human ($11) and every dog ($5) needs their own ticket to attend
- Proceeds from canine ticket sales will be donated to the BC SPCA
- WAIVER FORMS must be completed before entering the stadium. Click here to print and fill out the waiver form
- All dogs are required to remain on leash during the duration of the event
All dogs and their owners will be required to check-in with their waiver form at the Bark at the Bird tent outside the main gate at Thunderbird Stadium
- Check in will open 30min prior to gates, gates will open 1 hour prior to kickoff.
- Please arrive early to allow for check-in time.
- There will be a designated “no-dogs” section in the grandstand
- Attendees with a dog will be permitted in-out privileges, with a valid match-day ticket
- A veterinarian will be on site in case of emergency, injury, or illness
- It may be hot outside. If you choose to bring water for your dog, please do so in a sealed water bottle. Unsealed bottles will not be permitted into the venue
- Please act responsibly and be prepared to pick-up after your dog
Whitecaps FC canine merchandise:
- Whitecaps FC leashes, collars, and other dog merchandise will be on sale at the match
Up-to-Date Rabies Vaccination:
- Dogs without up to date Rabies vaccinations will not be permitted on stadium grounds, and will not be issued a refund.
Care and control of your dog while at Thunderbird Stadium is the sole responsibility of the dog owner. Owners with dogs deemed unfit to be in the stadium environment may be ejected. Vancouver Whitecaps FC reserve the right to make this judgement call.
For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604.669.9283 ext. 2202.