SEATTLE, WA - It all comes down to tonight as Vancouver Whitecaps FC and Seattle Sounders FC clash in the second and decisive leg of their Western Conference Semifinal series at CenturyLink Field.
Below is a look at the 'Caps starting lineup.
KICKOFF: 7:30 p.m. PT | TV: TSN 5 | RADIO: TSN 1040
BROADCAST INFORMATION: The full match will be broadcast live on TSN5. It will also be shown on TSN3 following the conclusion of the Winnipeg Jets vs. Dallas Stars NHL game (approximately 7:45 p.m. PT) and joined in progress on TSN1 following the conclusion of the Buffalo Bills and New York Jets NFL game (approximately 8:30 p.m. PT).
Vancouver Whitecaps FC
24.Stefan Marinović; 28.Jake Nerwinski, 4.Kendall Waston ©, 26.Tim Parker, 17.Marcel de Jong; 66.Aly Ghazal, 50.Nosa Igiebor; 13.Cristian Techera, 29.Yordy Reyna, 7.Christian Bolaños; 12.Fredy Montero
1.David Ousted, 2.Jordan Harvey, 11.Nicolás Mezquida, 16.Tony Tchani, 20.Brek Shea, 23.Bernie Ibini, 67.Alphonso Davies
- Manager Carl Robinson makes two changes to his starting lineup from Sunday’s 0-0 draw at BC Place
- Yordy Reyna and Cristian Techera replace Tony Tchani and Brek Shea
- 10 of the 11 starters, started the 5-0 win over San Jose in the Knockout Round game, only change is Nosa Igiebor in for Tony Tchani
- Fourth match in 12 days for Robinson’s team
- Marinović, Newinski, Waston, Parker, Ghazal, and Bolaños have started all four games
- 11th time this back four has started together, with a previous record of 5-1-2 in MLS play and 1-0-1 in CCL play
- Six changes from the last meeting at CenturyLink on September 27: Marinović, Nerwinski, de Jong, Ghazal, Igiebor, Techera in for Ousted, Williams, Harvey, Tchani, Teibert, Ibini. Of the six changes, only Techera has seen game action at CenturyLink. On September 27, Marinović and de Jong were unused subs, while Nerwinski and Ghazal were at the stadium but weren’t in the 18
- Six starters in their first year with the club, including three who were acquired during the summer transfer window – Marinović, Ghazal, Igiebor
- Keeper Stefan Marinović starts his fifth consecutive match with Whitecaps FC – has posted a 3-2-2 record, saving 27 of 32 shots on target with a 0.71 GAA
- WFC are 14-9-4, seven shutouts, and +12 GD (46GF – 34GF) when Waston starts and 2-3-4, two shutouts, and -6 GD (9GF – 15GA) when not in the line-up
- Midfielder Aly Ghazal has now started 10 of the last 12 matches, WFC are 4-2-3 when he plays
- Third career MLS match for midfielder Nosa Igiebor after making his debut starting the regular season finale at Portland. Led the team that day with 37 successful passes, three tackles, three interceptions, and a 92.5% passing accuracy. Was second the on the team with 48 touches, while only playing 73 minutes. In his second match, 33 successful passes and a 93.9% passing accuracy in 62 minutes.
- WFC are 6-2-4 when attacking midfielder Yordy Reyna starts and 6-1-2 when he gets on the scoresheet
- Montero scored the first-ever goal for Sounders FC in MLS and remains their all-time leading goalscorer - 60 goals and 42 assists in 160 matches across all competitions - leaving the club following the 2012 season.
- Starting XI includes nine different birth countries including players from North, Central, and South America, Africa, and Oceanian: Canada, USA (x2), Costa Rica (x2), Colombia, Peru, Uruguay, Egypt, Nigeria, and New Zealand
- Substitutes includes birthday boy Alphonso Davies, who turned 17 today