Join Whitecaps FC
- Be part of the Whitecaps FC Academy Centre network.
- Supplemental Academy training and events in a pro club environment.
- Challenging players technically and tactically through conditioned, game-based environment and discovery.
- The Boys Academy is led by Head Coach Bart Choufour. Staff bios coming soon.
- Monthly visits from Whitecaps Residency coaching staff and players.
- Boys Academy - U7 to U15. 90 min. Motivated players only. Open registration.
- Prospects - U8 to U12. 90 min. By invite only to players from the Boys Academy.
- Goalkeeper Academy - U10 to U15. 90 min. All levels. Open registration. Click here.
Prize Draw Winners Have Been Selected!
To view info on our previous phases, click here.
Fall 2018 to Spring 2019
1. Boys Academy
- Ages at September 2018. U7 (2012) to U15 (2004)
- 10 months with 2 phases - Phase 1 September. to March. Phase 2 April to June.
- 90 minute training sessions on Sundays at SFU. See location details below.
- Opportunity to be invited to Prospects sessions.
Phase 1 - January Intake - 9 sessions - Sundays
- Jan: 6, 13, 20, 27. Feb: 3, 10, 24. Mar: 3, 10.
- U7 to U8 - 9:00am to 10:30am
- U9 to U10 - 10:45am to 12:15pm
- U11 to U15 - 12:30pm to 2:00pm
- Note: The U13 to U15 program is designed to help players that have entered into the rep level, as well as strong gold and metro players who are keen to advance to the BCSPL level, or excel in the BCSPL.
Phase 2 - 10 sessions - Sundays
- Same training times as Phase 1 above.
- April: 7, 14, 28. May: 5, 12, 26. June: 2, 9, 16, 23.
- Prospects offers additional training to Boys registered in the Sunday mainland academy.
- Participation is by invite from the head coach.
- Targeted to BCSPL pre-intake ages U9 (2010) to U12 (2007) to support participation in the BCSPL.
Phase 1 - 24 sessions
1 additional session. Options of Wednesday or Thursday evenings at SFU.
- U8 to U12's - 6:00pm to 7:15pm
- Sept: 12, 19, 26. Oct: 3, 10, 17, 24. Nov: 7, 14, 21, 28. Dec: 5, 12.
- Jan: 9, 16, 23, 30. Feb: 6, 13, 20, 27. Mar: 6, 13.
- No training on October 31st (Halloween). All November and December sessions will be extend by 15 minutes to compensate (6:00pm to 7:30pm).
- U8 to U12's - 6:00pm to 7:15pm
- Sept: 13*, 20*, 27. Oct: 4, 11, 18, 25. Nov: 1, 8, 15, 22, 29. Dec: 6, 13.
- Jan. 10, 17, 24, 31. Feb: 7, 14, 21, 28. Mar: 7, 14.
Phase 2 - 28 Sessions
- U9 (2010) to U12 (2007)
- Includes tournament match and tournament play to be detailed early in 2019.
- 2 additional sessions. Wednesdays and Thursdays at 6:00pm - 7:30pm.
- April: 10, 11, 17, 18, 24, 25. May: 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, 30.
- June: 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20. July: 3, 4, 10, 11, 16 (Tuesday), 18.
Registration and Payment
- Phase 1: $245
- Phase 2: $275
- Bundle it! $25 savings.
- Phase 1 & 2: $495 + GST
- Phase 1: $625
- Phase 2: $675
- Invited players will receive an email payment link for phase 1.
- Note: Fees do not include any travel/match events.
- All NEW players require a WFC training kit and track suits
- One-time fee, valid for at least two years
- Mandatory - Training kit (shorts, shirt, socks) - $80 + GST
- Mandatory - Track suit - $105 + GST
- Important Note: apparel can only be purchased at the beginning of the phase along with your registration. You must order the apparel in package form (ie training kit, track suit). Please use this sizing chart for your order. Exchanges will not be available.
Location and Parking
Simon fraser university (Field #4) in Burnaby. Click here for a printable map: Campus Map and Parking
- Parents must park at the West Mall Visitors Parkade. This is paid parking but you receive a flat rate of $3.50.
- There is a 15 minutes grace period in this parkade for drop off and pick up.
- Cars are not permitted to stop or park along the roadway (fire lane) or service vehicle stalls next to Field #4
- SFU Campus Security will ticket/tow any parked cars.
- Players are grouped on ability and progress. Players may be moved to different groups/sessions at staff discretion.
- Staff reserve the right to refund fees if, at any time, the program is deemed unsuitable.
To view our policies, please click here.