Join Whitecaps FC
- Be part of the Whitecaps FC Academy Centre network.
- Supplemental Academy training and events in a pro club environment.
- Lead by Girls Academy Head Coach, Maia Vink.
- Monthly visits from Whitecaps Residency coaching staff and players.
- Girls Academy - U6 to U16. 90 min. Motivated players only. Open registration.
- Prospects - U8 to U11. 90 min. By invite only to players from the Girls Academy.
- Goalkeeper Academy - U10 to U15. 90 min. All levels. Open registration. Click here.
1. Girls Academy
- Ages at September 2018. U6 (2013) to U16 (2003)
- 10 months with 2 phases:
- Phase 1 September to March.
- Phase 2 April to June
- 90 minute training sessions on Saturdays at SFU. See location details below
- Opportunity to be invited to Prospects Academy
Phase 2 (Spring) - 10 sessions - Saturdays
April: 6, 13, 27. May: 4, 11, 25. June: 1, 8, 15, 22.
- U6 to U7 - 9:00am to 10:00am
- U8 to U10 - 9:00am to 10:30am
- U11 to U12 - 10:45am to 12:15pm
- U13 to U16 - 12:30pm to 2:00pm
2. Prospects Academy
- Prospects offers additional training to Girls registered in the Saturday mainland academy.
- Participation is by head coach invite only..
- Targeted to BCSPL pre-intake ages U8 (2011) to U11 (2008) to support participation in the BCSPL.
- Includes exhibition matches and the Rainier Challenge Tournament
- note - match play will be on Monday nights and training time is subject to change to accommodate the matches.
- New! Prospects Academy Team Camp on March 27-29, 2019 exclusive to prospects players.
Phase 2 - 23 Sessions - Mondays + Thursdays
April: 1, 4, 8, 11, 15, 18, 25, 29. May: 2, 6, 9, 13, 16, 23, 27, 30. June: 3, 6, 10, 13, 17, 20, 24, 27.
- U8 to U9 - 5:30pm to 7:00pm
- U10 to U11 - 7:00pm to 8:30pm
- U8 to U8 - 5:30pm to 7:00pm
- U10 to U11 - 7:00pm to 8:30pm
New! Prospects Academy Team Camp on March 27-29, 2019
All prospect players are encourage to participate in the prospects academy team camp from March 27-29, 2019 at Fortius Sport & Health.
The camp runs from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and will include on-field technical training, classroom sessions and match play.
Registration and Payment
- Phase 2: $275 + tax
- U6-U7 timeslot: $185 + tax
- Phase 2: $550 + tax
- Prospects Academy Team Camp: $179 + tax
- Invited players will receive an email payment link for phase 2.
- Note: Fees do not include any travel/match events.
- All NEW players require a WFC training kit and track suits
- One-time fee, valid for at least two years
- Mandatory - Training kit (shorts, shirt, socks) - $90 + GST
- Mandatory - Track suit - $105 + GST
- Important Note: apparel can only be purchased at the beginning of the phase along with your registration. You must order the apparel in package form (ie training kit, track suit). Please use this sizing chart for your order. Exchanges will not be available.
Location and Parking
Simon Fraser university (Field #4) in Burnaby. Click here for a printable map: Campus Map and Parking
- Parents must park at the West Mall Visitors Parkade. This is paid parking but you receive a flat rate of $3.50.
- There is a 15 minutes grace period in this parkade for drop off and pick up.
- Cars are not permitted to stop or park along the roadway (fire lane) or service vehicle stalls next to Field #4
- SFU Campus Security will ticket/tow any parked cars.
- Players are grouped on ability and progress. Players may be moved to different groups/sessions at staff discretion.
- Staff reserve the right to refund fees if, at any time, the program is deemed unsuitable.
To view our policies, please click here.
Maia Vink - email@example.com