Join Whitecaps FC
The Whitecaps Island Academy is making modification to its Island programming.
- Kevin Lindo is leaving the club; We are very thankful for Kevin's work and wish him all the best.
- With change comes opportunity. We are modifying our academy so top players are working with top Whitecaps staff; all aligned closely to the Vancouver academy for additional opportunities.
- Chris Sargeant will be leading the Island Academy. Chris is an A Licensed coach and currently working as a staff coach in our Girls Elite and Boys Academy programs in Vancouver. Chris provides the perfect launch to our new Island to Vancouver Integration as he will work full time in Vancouver and travel to the Island for sessions. He will also be the lead in providing Island players he is working with the opportunities in Vancouver.
- Larry Stefanek (Upper) & Sonny Pawar (Lower) will continue as the Island Associate head coaches working closely with Chris.
- Limiting ages to U8 to U14 in our Upper and Lower Island pograms.
- This allows us to focus on young talent to feed to our partner programs, VIPL, BCSPL, and Vancouver Academy programs.
- Limiting training times and registration space in our Upper and Lower Island centres - see schedule below
- A Vancouver staff will make a visit each phase so that Island players can get exposed to the staff that are directly connected to our Vancouver Full-time programs.
- We will be inviting selected players regularly to train in our Vancouver Mainland at no additional cost
- We will be creating Island travel groups to enter special events
High Potential Prospects Program - Represent the club at event's. Click here.
Prize Draw Winners Have Been Selected!
1. Prospects Academy
Upper Island - Nanaimo:
- U8 to U14 Boys & Girls - Mondays 5:30pm to 7:00pm.
- 12 sessions. Arbutus Meadows Indoor Facility
- Sept: 24. Oct: 1, 15, 22, 29. Nov: 5, 12, 19, 26. Dec: 3, 10, 17
Lower Island - Victoria:
- U8 to U14 Boys & Girls - Sundays 6:00pm to 7:30pm
- 12 sessions. Prospect Lake, Layritz Turf.
- Sept: 16, 23, 30. Oct: 7, 14, 21. Nov: 4, 11, 18, 25. Dec: 2, 9
Evaluation and Registration
- Participation is by head coach invite only.
- FREE Evaluation session for Upper Island Academy on Monday, September 24th at Arbutus Meadows Indoor Facility.
- Please direct requests for evaluation to Head Coach Chris Sargeant at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prospects: $300 + GST
- Fees do not include any optional travel events.
- All NEW players require a WFC training kit and track suits
- One-time fee, valid for at least two years
- Mandatory - Training kit (shorts, shirt, socks) - $80 + GST
- Mandatory - Track suit - $105 + GST
To view our policies, please click here.
Island Academy Head Coach:
Chris Sargeant - email@example.com
Lower Island Associate Head Coach:
Sonny Pawar - firstname.lastname@example.org or (250) 649-5856
Whitecaps FC Administrator
email@example.com or 604.669.9283 ext 2297 or toll free 1 (855) 932-1932
Regional Programs Manager:
Sam Lenarduzzi - firstname.lastname@example.org or 778.928.0453