- Supplemental club training for motivated boys and girls in a professional club environment
- Participants follow an official Whitecaps FC training curriculum
- Includes footwork, diving, handling, shot stopping, crosses, distribution and organization
- All sessions developed and delivered by Whitecaps FC head goalkeeping staff
- Led by Boys Pre-Residency and Girls Elite REX Goalkeeping coach, Mike Norris
- Connected to the Whitecaps FC Academy Centre network to provide greater exposure and opportunities
- Parents are encouraged to check their e-mail prior to leaving for training; we will notify all participants of changes to training schedule via e-mail
- In the event that weather conditions do not allow for training at SFU, we will do our best to re-schedule the missed session
2018 - January Intake
- Ten month program: two phases, September through June for a total of 33 weeks
- NEW AGE GROUPS
Boys and girls U-13 (2005) to U-18 (2000) Fridays
April 6, 13, 20, 27, May 4, 11, 25, June 1, 8, 15, 22
No sessions: May 18 (Victoria Day)
- Group 1 (U-13 to U-14): Fridays 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Group 2 (U-15 to U-18): Fridays 7:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Boys and girls U-10 (2008) to U-12 (2006) Mondays - NEW
April 9, 16, 23, 30, May 7, 14, 28, June 4, 11, 18, 25
No sessions: May 21 (Victoria Day)
- U-10 to U-12: Mondays 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Players are grouped on ability and progress and may be moved to different groups at staff discretion
- All players will be pre-screened through the registration process to ensure program suitability
- Staff reserves the right to refund registration fees if, at any time, the program is deemed not suitable
All training sessions will take place at the Whitecaps FC Regional Training Centre located at Simon Fraser University (Field #4) in Burnaby. Click here for printable map: Campus Map and Parking
Parking - All parents must park at the West Mall Visitors Parkade. This is paid parking but all Whitecaps Academy attendees will receive a flat rate of $3.50. Instructions on how to receive the discounted flat rate fee will be included in your registration confirmation in the academy. There is a 15 minute grace period in this parkade for drop off and pick up. Cars are not permitted to stop or park along the roadway (fire lane) or service vehicle stalls next to field #4. SFU Campus Security will ticket /tow any parked cars.
Registration and Payment
Phase 2 (April 2018 to June 2018)
- Due upon registration
- $300 for U13-U18
- $200 for U10-U12
- Players in Phase 1 will be given a priority registration window.
*Fees do not include GST
- All new players require a WFC training kit and track suit
- One-time fee, valid for at least two years
- Mandatory - Training kit (shorts, shirt, socks) - $80 + GST
- Mandatory - Track suit - $105 + GST
To view a copy of our policies, please click here.
Whitecaps FC Administrator - firstname.lastname@example.org or 604.669.9283 ext 2297
Regional Programs Manager - email@example.com or 778.928.0453