- Supplemental club training for motivated boys and girls, in a Professional Club environment
- Participants follow an official Whitecaps FC training curriculum
- Incorporates challenging technique training, speed, agility and quickness, and game play
- All sessions developed and delivered by Whitecaps FC Girls Director and U18 Head Coach Emma Humphries, U15 Girls Elite Head Coach, Natalie Lawrence, and Associate Head Coach of Girls Academy, Maia Vink
- Boys' sessions delivered by Director and Head Coach, Academy Centres, Bart Choufour
- Girls' sessions are overseen and delivered by Whitecaps Girls Elite Head Coach, Emma Humphries, and assistant Natalie Lawrence.
- Connected to the Whitecaps FC Academy Centre network to provide greater exposure and opportunities
- Parents are encouraged to check their e-mail prior to leaving for training; we will notify all participants of changes to training schedule via e-mail
- In the event that weather conditions do not allow for training at SFU, we will do our best to re-schedule the missed session
- Ages for Fall 2017
- Boys U7 (2011) to U14 (2004)
- Girls U6 (2012) to U17 (2001)
- Ten month program, two phases - September through June for a total of 33 weeks
- 90 minute training sessions
Phase 2 - Spring 2018- 11 sessions
- April 7, 14, 21, 28, May 5, 12, 26, June 2, 9, 16, 23
- No Sessions: May 19 (Victoria Day)
- April 8, 15, 22, 29, May 6, 13, 27, June 3, 10, 17, 24
- No Sessions: May 20 (Victoria Day)
One session per week:
- U6 (2012) to U7 (2011) 9:00 am - 10:00 am - NEW!
- U8 (2010) to U10 (2008) 10:15 am - 11:45 am
- U11 (2007) to U12 (2006) 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
- U13 (2005) to U17 (2001) 1:45 pm - 3:15 pm
- U7 (2011) to U9 (2009) 9:00 am - 10:30 am
- U10 (2008) to U12 (2006) 10:45 am - 12:15 pm
- U12 (2006) to U14 (2004) 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
- Any 06 born players should be prepared to train either at 10:45 or 12:30 - players may be moved to different groups/sessions at staff discretion.
- Players are grouped on ability and progress and may be moved to different groups/sessions at staff discretion
- All players will be pre-screened through the answers given during the registration process to ensure program suitability
- Staff reserves the right to refund registration fees if, at any time, the program is deemed unsuitable
All training sessions will take place at the Whitecaps FC Regional Training Centre located at Simon Fraser University (Field #4) in Burnaby. Click here for a printable map: Campus Map and Parking
Parking - All parents must park at the West Mall Visitors Parkade. This is paid parking but all Whitecaps Academy attendees will receive a flat rate of $3.50. Instructions on how to receive the discounted flat rate fee will be included in your registration confirmation in the academy. There is a 15 minute grace period in this parkade for drop off and pick up. Cars are not permitted to stop or park along the roadway (fire lane) or service vehicle stalls next to field #4. SFU Campus Security will ticket/tow any parked cars.
Registration and Payment
- $300 due upon registration
- $200 for U6-U7 girls
- Players registered in Phase 1 will be given a priority registration window.
- All new players require a WFC training kit and track suit
- One-time fee, valid for at least two years
- Mandatory - Training kit (shorts, shirt, socks) - $80 + GST
- Mandatory - Track suit - $105 + GST
Important Note: Apparel can only be purchased at the beginning of the phase along with your registration. You must order the apparel in package form (ie training kit, track suit). Please use the following sizing chart to assist you in ordering. Exchanges will not be available.
To view a copy of our policies, please click here.
Whitecaps FC Administrator - email@example.com or 604.669.9283 ext 2286
Regional Programs Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org or 778.928.0453