'Caps to College
The Whitecaps are introducing a new program to its Academy Centre Pathway. The University Prep Academy will only be launched in select centres this fall with the Okanagan Academy being chosen as one. This new academy program is designed to be integrated with TOFC training as a third training session and will provide selected Okanagan players with a complete package and opportunities to prepare for soccer at the post-secondary level.
- U15 to U18 selection only - For players looking for the best opportunity to play in College, University, and beyond.
- Training and conditioning - Focused on qualities noticed by college and university scouts.
- Showcasing - get noticed at Showcases and special events.
- Scholarship Strategy - Map and execute your post-secondary strategy.
Ages U15 to U18 (2004 to 2001). Invite only with limited space
- Junior: Grade 9 to 10 - U15-U16 Boys & Girls Teams
- Senior: Grade 11 to 12 - U17-U18 Boys & Girls Teams
Training and Preparation
- Annual training program over 10 months, September through June.
- Skills focused on those prized by collegiate coaches.
- Fall - 1 training session per week, 11 session total.
- Winter - 1 training session per week, 11 sessions total.
- Spring - 1 training session per week, 11 sessions total.
- Testing and evaluation for conditioning at a university level.
- All sessions delivered by Whitecaps FC Academy staff led by David Broadhurst and supported by Jason Thompson, Anthony Vassallo, and Carli Tingstad.
- Visits by Whitecaps FC Vancouver based Academy and Girls Elite staff and Associate Head Coach Brett Adams.
Showcasing and Events
- 1 Showcase tournament. Date and confirmation based on TOFC schedule.
- Training and match trip to Vancouver. Date and confirmation based on TOFC schedule.
- Girls training with Girls Elite Head Coach.
- Boys training with Boys Residency Coach.
Scholarship Strategy - Education & Support
- Give yourself more opportunities with a multi-school strategy.
- Delivered by Whitecaps Manager of Collegiate Transition Ryan Clark.
- Grade 9 to 10: Workshop provided to families covering all the aspects of collegiate play and what they need to do to get there.
- Grade 11 to 12: Each family will receive an individual consultation to Map their pathway.
- Profile on Whitecaps FC Collegiate Recruitment website; marketed to coaches across North America at all levels of post-secondary play.
- Support to build the right profile.
- Profiles and highlight videos posted and marketing on our collegiate recruiting platform.
- Wenesdays, 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. at the Vernon Toyota Indoor Sports Centre
- Sept: 26, Oct: 3, 10, 17, 24, 31, Nov: 7, 14, 21, 28, Dec: 5
Key Event Schedule
|Jan/Feb.||Showcase Tournament selection. Based on TOFC schedule.|
|March.||Whitecaps Vancouver. Includes Whitecaps Boys Residency and Girls Elite Academy training sessions with staff and a training match. Based on TOFC schedule.|
All accepted players will be asked to commit to the following payments.
- $99 + tax due upon acceptance into the program.
- $99 + tax in monthly payments from your credit card on the first day of each month starting October 1st, 2018 to June 1st, 2018.
The above fees will cover on-field training sessions throughout the year, and will include baseline fitness testing, scholarship workshops and consultation, and nutrition education. Based on the TOFC schedule the program will include 1 showcase tournament and 1 Vancouver visit of which all associated costs will be in addition to the monthly payment plan.
- All new players require a Whitecaps FC training kit and track suit.
- One-time fee, valid for at least 2 years.
- Mandatory - Official Whitecaps FC Academy training kit (shorts, shirt, socks) - $80 + GST
- Mandatory - Official Whitecaps FC Academy track suit - $105 + GST
Selection and Registration
- Participation is by head coach selection and invite only.
- Please direct any questions to David Broadhurst at firstname.lastname@example.org
To view our policies, please click here.
If you have any questions or need help registering, please contact:
Regional Programs Manager:
Sam Lenarduzzi - email@example.com or 778.928.0453