Whitecaps FC Vancouver Prospects Academy offers additional sessions to players already registered in the Whitecaps FC Vancouver Skills Academy. The Prospects Academy is supplemental club training for motivated boys and girls. Participation is by invite only with selections made from players participating in the Skills Academy.
The Prospects boys' sessions are delivered by director and head coach Academy Centres, Bart Choufour. The Prospects girls' sessions are overseen by Whitecaps FC girls director and head coach, Emma Humphries, with assistant coach, Natalie Lawrence.
The program is for BC Soccer Premier League (BCSPL) pre intake ages U9 (2008) to U12 (2005) and is designed to help prepare players for possible participation with one of the BCSPL teams. Please note that players selected for Whitecaps FC Girls Elite and Residency programs must come from one of our partner league BCSPL clubs and not directly from our academy.
The Vancouver Prospects Academy follows the Vancouver Skills Academy calendar of a ten month program from September through June with two phases: fall/winter and spring.
- Participants follow an official Whitecaps FC training curriculum
- Incorporates challenging technique training, speed, agility and quickness, and game play
- All sessions developed and delivered by Whitecaps FC Head Coaching staff
- Connected to the Whitecaps FC Academy Centre network to provide greater exposure and opportunities
- Parents are encouraged to check their e-mail prior to leaving for training; we will notify all participants of changes to training schedule via e-mail
- In the event that weather conditions do not allow for training at SFU, we will do our best to re-schedule the missed session
- Boys and Girls
- Phase 1 U9 (2009) to U12 (2006)
- Phase 2 U9 (2009) to U11 (2007)
- By invitation only. Players must already be registered in the Vancouver Skills Academy in order to be selected and participate in the Prospects Academy.
- Prospects operates in two Phases;
PHASE 2 - Spring 2018
U9 (2009) to U11 (2007) - April to July - 28 Sessions (plus Crossfire Challenge tournament in Washington)
Wednesdays and Thursdays at 6:00pm - 7:30pm
- April: 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, 26
- May: 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 30, 31
- June: 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21
- July: 4, 5, 11, 12, 16 (Monday), 18
*Crossfire Challenge tournament (mandatory for select players) - July 20-23
U9 (2009) to U11 (2007) - April to June - 21 Sessions (plus Skagit Firecracker and Rainier Challenge tournaments in Washington)
Mondays and Thursdays at 6:00pm - 7:30pm
- April: 9, 12, 16, 23, 26, 30
- May: 3, 7, 10, 14, 17, 21, 24, 28, 31
- June: 4, 7, 11, 14, 18, 21
*Skagit Firecracker tournament (mandatory for select players) - June 15-17
** Rainier Challenger tournament (mandatory for select players) - June 22-24
All training sessions will take place at the Whitecaps FC Regional Training Centre located at Simon Fraser University (Field #4) in Burnaby. Click here for a printable map: Campus Map and Parking
Parking - All parents must park at the West Mall Visitors Parkade. This is paid parking but all Whitecaps Academy attendees will receive a flat rate of $3.50.
There is also a 15 minute grace period in this parkade for drop off and pick up. Cars are not permitted to stop or park along the roadway (fire lane) or service vehicle stalls next to field #4. SFU Campus Security will ticket/tow any parked cars.
Registration and Payment
Selected players will receive an invite by email to register for the program which will be based on the following:
Boys: $625 + GST (cost for Crossfire Challenge TBA)
Girls: $525 + GST (cost for Skagit and Rainier tournaments TBA)
To view a copy of our Policies, please click here.
Whitecaps FC Administrator - firstname.lastname@example.org or 604.669.9283 ext 2297
Regional Programs Manager - email@example.com or 778.928.0453