VANCOUVER WHITECAPS FC AMATEUR CUP, PRESENTED BY DAILYHIVE
Official Contest Rules
1. Sponsor. The Vancouver Whitecaps FC Amateur Cup, Presented by DailyHive (Contest) is sponsored by Vancouver Whitecaps FC L.P., a limited partnership with its principal place of business at 788 Beatty Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 2M1 (Sponsor).
2. Eligibility. This Contest is open to legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, with the exception of employees, officers, and directors (including immediate family members (spouse, parent, child and sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and members of the same household, whether or not related) of Vancouver Whitecaps FC (the “Club”), DailyHive, Major League Soccer, L.L.C. (“MLS”), and Soccer United Marketing, LLC (“SUM” and collectively with Sponsor and MLS, the “MLS Entities”) and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers and advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Contest. By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of the Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws, rules and regulations. Void outside Canada, in Quebec, and where prohibited or restricted by law, rule or regulation.
3. Contest Dates and Times. The Contest begins on October 21, 2022 at 10:00am PST and ends on October 21, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. PST (Entry Period) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries will be accepted. The Clock of the Sponsor will be the official time keeper for this Contest.
4. How to Enter. During the Entry Period, there are two (2) ways to enter. No other method(s) of entry will be accepted:
Limit one (1) entry per person, regardless of method of entry. Multiple entries received from any person or family or e-mail address or household in excess of the stated limitation will be void. For this Contest, receipt of an entry occurs when Sponsor's server records the entry information. All entries must be complete and are subject to verification by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed or otherwise illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize. Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Contest Rules are void. Entrants grant Sponsor a non-exclusive licence to use all entries for any purpose. No correspondence will be entered into except with Selected Entrants. Proof of transmission (for example, screenshots or captures) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry.
Additionally, Each entry must meet the following “Entry Requirements” (any Entry that, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, violates the following criteria will be disqualified):
a. Entry must be posted to a non-private social media account;
b. Entrant must be the rightful owner of the Entry included with the entry or must have the rights, title and interest necessary to utilize the Entry for the Contest in compliance with these Official Rules;
c. Entrant must be the rightful owner of the e-mail address associated with the entry and Entry;
d. Entry must NOT contain any material that infringes or violates any right of a third party including copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights, other than those relating to the MLS Entities. For example, Entry should NOT contain reference to sports team logos, celebrities, names or logos of businesses, music or lyrics, or clips from television shows or movies, other than those related to the MLS Entities;
e. Entry must NOT contain subject matter which is, or could be considered, in the sole discretion of the Contest Entities, obscene, pornographic, violent (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), defamatory, libelous, discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g., illegal gambling, underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, hateful, degrading, harassing, or otherwise unlawful, tortious or objectionable;
f. Entry must NOT contain any content that promotes any particular political agenda or message;
g. Entry must NOT contain any personal identification, such as personal names or e-mail addresses;
h. Entry must NOT communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate;
i. Entry must NOT violate any law, rules, or regulation;
j. Entry must NOT contain or reference any names, products or services of any company or entity, or promotes any brand, product or service of any company or entity, excepting those of Sponsor;
k. Entry must NOT communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which we wish to associate or otherwise contains content which Sponsor in its sole discretion decide is inappropriate or objectionable;
l. Entry must NOT contain any derogatory references to any of the MLS Entities.L
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry in the Contest if Sponsor views the Entry as potentially infringing or otherwise a violation or potential violation of a third party’s rights or if it deems the Entry to be lacking in taste, quality, or to be otherwise objectionable. Sponsor reserves the right to waive the Entry Requirements in its reasonable discretion.
Entrants understand that they are posting their Entry at their sole risk. Sponsor is not responsible for any claims arising from the Entries, specifically including, but not limited to, claims for intellectual property infringement and privacy rights violations, as well as violations of the respective social media platform’s terms and conditions.
5. Contest Prizes. There are a total of one (1) prize available to be won as follows: One copy of EA SPORTS™ FIFA 23 for Sony PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 (approximate retail value: $90  ).
All winners assume any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in this Contest or the use or redemption of a prize. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and have no cash value. The Prize is non-transferable and non-assignable, with no cash redemptions or substitutions except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole and absolute discretion.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
7. Skill-testing Question. Selected Entrants will be required, as a condition of winning a prize, to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, the Sponsor’s time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone.
8. Winner Selection and Confirmation. On October 21, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. PST at Suite 201, 788 Beatty Street (Draw Date) the Sponsor, or an employee, agent or other representative of the Sponsor, will conduct a random draw from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period and select the potential winners (Selected Entrants). Selected Entrants will be deemed winners if they meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules. If a Selected Entrant does not meet the eligibility criteria, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant will be selected by way of a random draw from the remaining eligible entries. Before being declared a winner, Selected Entrants will be required to: (i) correctly answer the Sponsor’s skill-testing question; (ii) sign and return the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form (Winner Release); and (iii) comply with all other Contest Rules, all in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
Selected Entrants will be notified within five (5) business days of the contest draw and will be contacted through the entry method provided at the time of entry into the Contest. Up to three attempts will be made to contact Selected Entrants within five (5) business days. following the draw. A Selected Entrant that does not or cannot accept a prize may be forfeited and a new Selected Entrant selected by random draw, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. A signed copy of the Sponsor’s Winner Release must be received by the Sponsor no later than October 31,   2022. Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Selected Entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a Selected Entrant’s response.
Disputes regarding identity of entrant: If the identity of a Selected Entrant is disputed, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the individual assigned to the user account entered at the time of entry (Authorized Account Holder). Each Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder associated with a selected entry.
9. Release and Indemnification. All winners must sign the Sponsor’s Winner Release to: (i) confirm compliance with all Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept prizes as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (Released Parties) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of entries by the Sponsor, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third-party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of prizes as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by entrants with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize, and the use of entries by the Sponsor.
The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information that may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries that fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Winner Releases; (iv) injury or damage to entrants’ computers or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any related travel and the use of entries by Sponsor; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third-party computer hackers or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
10. Other Conditions. The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice to entrants. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
11. Publicity and Entrant Information. By participating in the Contest, entrants consent to the use of their name, address, email address, postal code, telephone number, social media handle(s), comments and image, whether on videotape, photograph or any other means, for the administration of the Contest or any publicity carried out by the Sponsor, without further notice or compensation.
12. Law. The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the province of British Columbia, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Vancouver, British Columbia.
13. Rule Amendments. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Contest Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Contest.
14. Intellectual Property. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any of the Sponsor’s intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited.
© Vancouver Whitecaps FC L.P. (2022). All Rights Reserved.