Let the offseason begin!
Seattle Sounders FC emerged as MLS Cup champions on Saturday night, defeating Toronto FC in penalties to conclude the 2016 MLS season.
That means the offseason is officially upon us. And it’s going to be wild.
Here’s a rundown of what to expect this week (click on the links to learn more about the different mechanisms):
Sunday, Dec. 11
- Half-Day Trade Window from 6 a.m. - 9 a.m. PT
- No trades involving players will be permitted after 9 a.m. PT up until the conclusion of the Expansion Draft
Monday, Dec. 12
- Expansion Draft Protected Player List and eligible Free Agents made public
Tuesday, Dec. 13
- Expansion Draft held at 11 a.m. PT
- Beginning at 2 p.m. PT, Free Agents may engage in negotiations with all MLS clubs.
Wednesday, Dec. 14
- List of players eligible for selection in the Waiver Draft made public
Thursday, Dec. 15
- Waiver Draft held at 11 a.m. PT
- Beginning at 2 p.m. PT, clubs may no longer sign or trade their own Re-Entry eligible players (player-trade blackout window)
- List of players available in Stage One of the Re-Entry Draft made public
Friday, Dec. 16
- Stage One of the Re-Entry Draft held at 12 p.m. PT
Buckle up, it's going to be a busy week!