VANCOUVER, BC – Vancouver Whitecaps FC look to continue their fine form with two crucial Western Conference clashes this week, starting with a showdown against Houston Dynamo FC at Shell Energy Stadium in Houston, Texas on Wednesday, September 20. Kickoff is set for 5:30 p.m. PT.
Secure the best seats for 2024!
All the action, all season long. Get exclusive benefits when you become a full season member.
The match will mark the 23rd MLS meeting between the 'Caps and Houston.
- COLIN'S KEYS: Managing heat, staying with runners, and being clinical on the break
- WELCOME JUNIOR: 'Caps acquire Canadian international Junior Hoilett
- RYAN GAULD FEATURE: MLSsoccer.com's feature story on Gauld
- THE STRETCH RUN: A closer look at each remaining match for the 'Caps
- GOALS ON GOALS: Ranking the top five home matches of the season so far
- HASAL UPDATE: Thomas Hasal undergoes successful therapeutic procedures for patellar tendinopathy
- QUALITY TIME: Ali Ahmed shares his favourite spots in Vancouver, his excitement for Canadian soccer, and much more
- TEAM OF THE MATCHDAY: Ryan Gauld named to MLS Team of the Matchday for 10th time this season
- KINGS OF CASCADIA: 'Caps win the Cascadia Cup
- CANADA U-17 CALL-UPS: 'Caps academy products Badwal, MacKenzie, & Vojvodic called up to Canada's U-17 squad
- BLOODLINES JERSEY: Get swagged up in the newest 'Caps kit
- 2023 CELEBRATION MATCHES: Secure your spot to one of our Celebration Matches this season
- NEXT 'CAPS HOME MATCH: Catch the 'Caps at BC Place on September 30 against D.C. United
Houston Dynamo FC vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC
Wednesday, September 20, 2023 – 5:30 p.m. PT
Shell Energy Stadium – Houston, Texas
BROADCAST: MLS Season Pass on Apple TV - RADIO: AM730
Pre-match show: 5:10 p.m. PT (MLS Season Pass), 4:30 p.m. PT (AM730)
RIDING THE WAVE: Vancouver Whitecaps FC find themselves riding a wave going into their final three matches of their club-record seven-game road stretch. The 'Caps, who currently sit fourth in the Western Conference, are unbeaten in their last five away matches and posted five road wins since June 24. In fact, the Blue and White are tied with Orlando City SC as the most in-form team in MLS play in the last seven league matches with a 5W-1L-1D record. The 'Caps also have the second-most goals in the conference with 45, have at least a game in hand on teams in a playoff spot, and will play the three teams ahead of them in the coming weeks as the regular season comes to an end.
LIGHT UP THE DYNAMO: The 'Caps first match of the week sees them travel down to Texas for a mid-week clash against Houston Dynamo FC at Shell Energy Stadium on Wednesday. It is expected to be a humid one as always in the Lone Star state, with temperature at kickoff set to be as high as 31ºC. This season, Vancouver has posted a 2W-1L-2D record against Texan sides, which includes a dominating 6-2 victory over the Dynamo back in May. Houston has only prevailed once against the 'Caps in the last five meetings between the two teams.
WORKING CLASS GAULD: Ryan Gauld has been one of the most in-form players in the league over the last three months. With his assist against Toronto FC, the Scotsman extended his recent run to 11 goals and 10 assists in his past 16 appearances across all competitions, and continues to lead MLS in goal contributions since May 31 with 18 (10 goals, eight assists). Gauld is also nearing the 25 goals and 25 assists mark in MLS play. If he reaches those numbers, he'll become the first player in the club's MLS era to reach that milestone.
MLS Season Pass
The 2023 season sees the debut of MLS Season Pass, the unprecedented subscription service from Apple and MLS that will have every match of the regular season, Audi 2023 MLS Cup Playoffs, and Leagues Cup – all in one place and with no blackouts. As an exclusive benefit, Whitecaps FC 2023 Season Members will receive a subscription to MLS Season Pass on Apple TV, as well as significant savings over single match tickets.