VANCOUVER, BC – After punching their ticket to the 2023 Canadian Championship Final on Wednesday, Vancouver Whitecaps FC are set to resume MLS action as they face expansion side St. Louis CITY SC for the first time on Saturday, May 27 at CITYPARK in St. Louis, Missouri. Kickoff is set for 5:30 p.m. PT.
- Catch all the action live on MLS Season Pass on Apple TV starting with the prematch show at 5:10 p.m. PT. The game will also be available on TSN 1/4 and 980 CKNW (radio), with the radio pre-game show starting at 4:30 p.m. PT
Saturday's match will mark a homecoming for 'Caps forward Simon Becher, who attended Saint Louis University for three years, scoring 21 goals and adding 13 assists for the Bilikens in NCAA action.
- COLIN'S KEYS: Be organized, direct, and stay strong defensively
- JOHNSON CALLED-UP: 'Caps sign WFC2 forward Levonte Johnson to MLS short-term agreement for Saturday's match
- CANCHAMP FINAL: Defending champs host CF Montréal in the 2023 Canadian Championship Final at BC Place on June 7
- TEAM OF THE MATCHDAY: Gauld named to MLS Team of the Matchday for Matchday 14
- WFC2 SIGN DARKO ILIĆ: Whitecaps FC 2 sign Fortuna Düsseldorf youth product Darko Ilić
- QUALITY TIME: Yohei Takaoka shares his initial impressions of Vancouver in his first season with the club
- 'CAPS AT FIFA U-20 WORLD CUP: Herdman scores a screamer
- LEAGUES CUP: 'Caps to host LIGA MX side and CCL finalists Club Léon on July 21 at BC Place, kickoff times confirmed
- PROJECT 8: New Toronto franchise announced
- BLOODLINES JERSEY: Get swagged up in the newest 'Caps kit
- NEXT 'CAPS HOME MATCH: Secure your seats for the 'Caps next home match against Houston Dynamo FC on May 31
- NEXT WFC2 HOME MATCH: Catch the young 'Caps face Sporting Kansas City II on June 2 at Swangard Stadium
- 2023 CELEBRATION MATCHES: Secure your spot to one of our eight Celebration Matches this season
St. Louis CITY SC vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC
Saturday, May 27, 2023 – 5:30 p.m. PT
CITYPARK – St. Louis, Missouri
BROADCAST: MLS Season Pass, TSN 1/4 - RADIO: 980 CKNW
Pre-match show: 5:10 p.m. PT (MLS Season Pass), 4:30 p.m. PT (980 CKNW)
ST. LOUIS BOUND: In their fifth and final road match of May before four straight at home, Vancouver Whitecaps FC are set to travel to Missouri for a first-ever meeting with expansion side St. Louis CITY SC on Saturday, May 27 at CITYPARK. The side features plenty of connections to the 'Caps, including former players Tim Parker and Jake Nerwinski. CITY's sporting director Lutz Pfannenstiel was a goalkeeper for the Blue and White back in the club's USL-1 days.
RUN IT BACK: On Wednesday night, the 'Caps punched their ticket to a second consecutive Canadian Championship Final with a 3-0 victory over Canadian Premier League (CPL) side Pacific FC. The Blue and White will host CF Montréal on Wednesday, June 7 at BC Place in what will be the second meeting of the season between the two teams, with the 'Caps claiming a 5-0 home victory in MLS play earlier this season. Montréal, who currently sit 13th in the Eastern Conference, secured a 2-0 win over CPL side Forge FC to book their place in the Final.
QUICK TURNAROUNDS: With matches coming thick and fast, head coach Vanni Sartini will look to use the full depth of his squad to keep the team fresh. Saturday's match will mark the seventh of 11 matches over 36 days across all competitions. Speaking of turnarounds, the 'Caps have bounced back with two consecutive wins after back-to-back losses and are riding a 216 minute shutout streak across all competitions.
MLS Season Pass
The 2023 season sees the debut of MLS Season Pass, the unprecedented subscription service from Apple and MLS that will have every match of the regular season, Audi 2023 MLS Cup Playoffs, and Leagues Cup – all in one place and with no blackouts. As an exclusive benefit, Whitecaps FC 2023 Season Members will receive a subscription to MLS Season Pass on Apple TV, as well as significant savings over single match tickets.