VANCOUVER, BC – In their third match of their four-game homestand, Vancouver Whitecaps FC will look to secure their second consecutive Voyageurs Cup as they host CF Montréal in the 2023 Canadian Championship Final on Wednesday, June 7 at BC Place. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m. PT.
- 50% DRINKS ON US: 50% off drinks returns for the Canadian Championship Final
- VANCOUVER SMOKED MEAT SANDWICH: Montréal Smoked Meat Sandwich renamed for Canadian Championship Final
- L1BC FUNDS: $1 from every Canadian Championship Final ticket will be put towards future national tournament hosting opportunities for League1 BC men’s & women’s teams
- Catch all the action live on OneSoccer, fuboTV, or TELUS Channel 980 at 7 p.m. PT. The game will also be available on AM730 (radio), with the pre-game show starting at 6 p.m. PT
Saturday's match will mark the third time the teams meet in the Canadian Championship Final.
- COLIN'S KEYS: Home support, attack the back, & discipline
- CANCHAMP FINAL: Defending champs host CF Montréal in the 2023 Canadian Championship Final at BC Place on June 7
- DEFENDING CHAMPS: Look back at the 'Caps road to Canadian Championship glory in 2022
- TEAM OF THE MATCHDAY: Veselinović named to MLS Team of the Matchday for Matchday 17
- 2023 MLS ALL-STAR VOTING: Cast your ballot & send your favourite 'Caps players to the 2023 MLS All-Star game
- QUALITY TIME: Yohei Takaoka shares his initial impressions of Vancouver in his first season with the club
- LEAGUES CUP: 'Caps to host LIGA MX side & CCL champions Club Léon on July 21 at BC Place, kickoff times confirmed
- BLOODLINES JERSEY: Get swagged up in the newest 'Caps kit
- NEXT WFC2 HOME MATCH: Catch the young 'Caps face Real Monarchs SLC on June 15 at Swangard Stadium
- 2023 CELEBRATION MATCHES: Secure your spot to one of our eight Celebration Matches this season
Vancouver Whitecaps FC vs. CF Montréal
Wednesday, June 7, 2023 – 7 p.m. PT
BC Place Stadium – Vancouver, BC
BROADCAST: OneSoccer, fuboTV, TELUS Channel 980 - RADIO: AM730
Pre-match show: 6 p.m. PT (AM730), 6:30 p.m. PT (OneSoccer)
RUN IT BACK: It's time to run it back. This Wednesday, June 7, Vancouver Whitecaps FC host rivals CF Montréal in the 2023 Canadian Championship Final, with their sights set on hoisting the Voyageurs Cup in back-to-back years at BC Place. Last season saw Vancouver defeat Toronto FC 5-3 in a penalty shootout to win the cup after drawing 1-1 in regulation. The 'Caps, who defeated Montréal earlier this season in MLS play at BC Place, claimed a 4-1 victory over York United FC in the quarterfinals and a 3-0 win over Pacific FC in the semifinals en route to reaching their eighth final in their MLS era. Meanwhile, Montréal began their journey in the preliminary round with a 2-0 win over League1 Ontario side Vaughan Azzuri, followed by a 2-1 victory at Toronto FC in the quarterfinals and a 2-0 win over Forge FC. Wednesday's match will mark the third time the sides meet in the Final.
ERASE THE ORANGE AND BLUE: The Blue and White resume their MLS regular season campaign on Saturday, June 10 as they welcome Eastern Conference side and Supporters' Shield leaders FC Cincinnati to BC Place for the first time. The two sides have previously met twice in Cincinnati, with the 'Caps winning the first meeting 2-1 in 2019 and drawing 2-2 last season in the second encounter. The Orange and Blue come into the match riding a six-game winning streak in MLS play, with their last loss coming on the road against St. Louis CITY SC back in April.
FUN AT THE FORTRESS: Heading into this week's action, the 'Caps are unbeaten in their last eight MLS home matches at BC Place (5W-0L-3D), scoring 19 goals and keeping four clean sheets in the process. In fact, since returning to BC Place back on August 21, 2021, Vancouver has tallied the second-most regular season home wins in the league with 22. Brian White has recorded a team-leading 13 MLS goals at home during that span, while Ryan Gauld sits closely behind him in second with 12.