VANCOUVER, BC – After a bye last weekend, Vancouver Whitecaps FC are back in action as they return to BC Place for a pair of home matches, starting with a Western Conference clash against Colorado Rapids this Saturday, April 29. Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m. PT.
- GET YOUR TICKETS: Single match tickets starting as low as $28
- SPECTATOR INFORMATION: Get a free scarf from Continental Tire!
- Catch all the action live on MLS Season Pass on Apple TV starting with the prematch show at 7:10 p.m. PT. The game will also be available on AM730 (radio), with the pre-game show starting at 6:30 p.m. PT
Saturday's match will be the 28th MLS meeting between the two sides and the first of two encounters this season.
In addition, Continental Tire will be on-site at Terry Fox Plaza starting at 6 p.m. PT. Fans who come will get a free Whitecaps FC co-branded scarf, while supplies last. Each registrant is also entered to win a team-signed soccer ball or set of Continental tires.
- KNOW THY ENEMY: Exploiting space in wide areas, staying sharp defensively key factors on Saturday
- COLIN'S KEYS: Start quickly, limiting Colorado's attackers, getting another clean sheet
- LEAGUES CUP: 'Caps to host LIGA MX side Club Léon on July 21 at BC Place, kickoff times confirmed
- PROJECT 8: New Toronto franchise announced
- L1BC IS BACK: Check out rosters, schedules, and tickets ahead of the 'Caps opening matches this Sunday, April 30
- CANADIAN CHAMPIONSHIP: 'Caps visit York United FC in CanChamp quarterfinals on May 10
- BLOODLINES JERSEY: Get swagged up in the newest 'Caps kit
- NEXT WFC2 HOME MATCH: Catch the young 'Caps face Houston Dynamo 2 on May 7 at Swangard Stadium
- 2023 CELEBRATION MATCHES: Secure your spot to one of our eight Celebration Matches this season
Vancouver Whitecaps FC vs. Colorado Rapids
Saturday, April 29, 2023 – 7:30 p.m. PT
BC Place – Vancouver, BC
BROADCAST: MLS Season Pass - RADIO: AM730
Pre-match show: 7:10 p.m. PT (MLS Season Pass), 6:30 p.m. PT (AM730)
BACK AT BC PLACE: Vancouver Whitecaps FC return to action with two consecutive MLS home matches at BC Place, starting with a clash against fellow Western Conference opposition Colorado Rapids on Saturday. The 'Caps will be looking to extend their six-match unbeaten run in MLS play against a Rapids side that are undefeated in five straight MLS matches. In the previous meeting at BC Place last August, the Blue and White claimed a 2-1 victory thanks to a brace from Ryan Gauld.
KEEPING IT CLEAN: Heading into Matchday 10, the 'Caps have kept three consecutive clean sheets and have not allowed a goal in the last 320 minutes of MLS play, marking the fourth longest shutout streak in the league so far this season. The club record shutout streak in MLS is 427 minutes set at the start of the 2012 season, which remains an MLS record to start a season. In addition, Yohei Takaoka was named to the MLS Team of the Matchday for Matchday 8 as he recorded seven saves in the 'Caps last match against Austin FC.
SQUAD RUNS DEEP: Head coach Vanni Sartini has had to rely on his squad's depth through the first 12 matches of the season across all competitions, with 24 players making at least one appearance in that span. Leading the way has been Ranko Veselinović, who's recorded a team-high 11 starts and appearances, while also sitting as the team leader in minutes played with 934. Sartini will look to keep relying on his squad's depth with the Canadian Championship just around the corner and plenty of MLS matches on the horizon.
MLS Season Pass
The 2023 season sees the debut of MLS Season Pass, the unprecedented subscription service from Apple and MLS that will have every match of the regular season, Audi 2023 MLS Cup Playoffs, and Leagues Cup – all in one place and with no blackouts. As an exclusive benefit, Whitecaps FC 2023 Season Members will receive a subscription to MLS Season Pass on Apple TV, as well as significant savings over single match tickets.