By BOB MACKIN
- THE BUZZ: The Montreal Impact lead the two-game, total goals United Soccer Leagues' championship 1-0 after ex-Whitecap Eduardo Sebrango scored the 3-2 winner in the 89th minute on Saturday at Swangard Stadium.
- GOALS GALORE: Vancouver's Shaun Pejic was charged with a 44th minute own goal, but league rookie of the year Marcus Haber equalized in the 56th. Impact Peter Byers beat Caps' goalkeeper Jay Nolly on the short side in the 63rd before Marlon James headed Wes Knight's 65th minute cross to tie. Sebrango capitalized on a Rocco Placentino cross in a goalmouth scramble.
- EDDIE SAYS: "It was wild, it was wide open the last 10-15 minutes," Sebrango said. "Whoever wants it more in Montreal is the one who is going to win."
Click here to find out more!
- NO NASH: Caps' captain Martin Nash's season is over after a 51st minute red card from referee Carol Anne Chenard for a foul on Impact striker Roberto Brown.
- THOR THOUGHTS: "The guy just jumps on his feet and runs out right away," said Caps' head coach Teitur Thordarson. "It's just a trick. The officiating here today destroyed the game."
- D-DAY: The series concludes Oct. 17 in Montreal, but the Caps have not won a road match since July 31.