FOXBOROUGH, MA – Vancouver Whitecaps FC are set to face New England Revolution at 5 p.m. PT at Gillette Stadium (TSN2 and TSN 1410 radio).
Here’s a look at Vancouver’s starting lineup.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC
24.Stefan Marinović; 28.Jake Nerwinski, 4.Kendall Waston ©, 26.Tim Parker, 17.Marcel de Jong; 15.Matías Laba, 16.Tony Tchani; 13.Cristian Techera, 11.Nicolás Mezquida, 20.Brek Shea; 12.Fredy Montero
1.David Ousted, 8.Andrew Jacobson, 19.Erik Hurtado, 23.Bernie Ibini, 25.Sheanon Williams, 29.Yordy Reyna, 67.Alphonso Davies
- Manager Carl Robinson makes seven changes to his starting lineup after last weekend’s 2-2 draw with Colorado - only Tim Parker, Matias Laba, Tony Tchani, and Fredy Montero have started all three matches during this three-match road swing.
- Newcomer Stefan Marinović, a New Zealand international, makes his MLS debut, replacing David Ousted in net.
- Jake Nerwinski, Kendall Waston, and Marcel de Jong replace Sheanon Williams, Andrew Jacobson, and Jordan Harvey on the back line.
- Cristian Techera, Nicolas Mezquida, and Brek Shea replace Bernie Ibini, Yordy Reyna, and Christian Bolaños in midfield.
- Whitecaps FC will have trained and played in four time zones and travelled 15,475 kilometers (9,615 miles) during this span of three straight on the road
- David Edgar: PCL and MCL tear, as well as a meniscus tear, in his right knee suffered on December 15, surgery on January 4. Out for the 2017 MLS season
- Alphonso Davies has recovered from his right adductor strain and will be available as a substitute. Davies has made 25 appearances, including 13 starts, for 1,394 minutes played in all official competitions this season.
- Brett Levis will be available for this Sunday’s WFC2 match at Starfire Sports Complex against Sounders FC 2. Levis suffered an ACL tear in his right knee during the second half of the 2016 season finale against Portland on October 23, surgery on November 8.