VANCOUVER, BC – Vancouver Whitecaps FC will look to extend their five-match unbeaten run in MLS as they hit the road to face fellow Western Conference side Austin FC this Saturday, April 15 at Q2 Stadium in Austin, Texas. Kickoff is set for 5:30 p.m. PT.
Note that Saturday's match is only viewable to subscribers on MLS Season Pass on Apple TV. Season Ticket Members should check their email for information on redeeming and activating their MLS Season Pass account.
- Catch all the action live on MLS Season Pass on Apple TV starting with the prematch show at 5:10 p.m. PT. The game will also be available on AM730 (radio), with the pre-game show starting at 4:30 p.m. PT
- COLIN'S KEYS: Defensively sound, impose ourselves, key players
- GRESSEL CALLED UP: Julian Gressel called up to USMNT for friendly match against Mexico
- TEAM OF THE MATCHDAY: Gressel named to MLS Team of the Matchday for Matchday 7
- CANWNT U-20: Four 'Caps called up for Concacaf qualifying
- LEAGUES CUP: 'Caps to host LIGA MX side Club Léon on July 21 at BC Place
- BLOODLINES JERSEY: Get swagged up in the newest 'Caps kit
- NEXT HOME MATCH: 'Caps host Western Conference foes Colorado Rapids on April 29 at BC Place
- NEXT WFC2 HOME MATCH: Catch the young 'Caps face LA Galaxy II on April 16 at Swangard Stadium
- 2023 CELEBRATION MATCHES: Secure your spot to one of our eight Celebration Matches this season
MLS Season Pass
Every match. Every screen. No blackouts. Watch the 'Caps on MLS Season Pass.
GIDDY UP: The 'Caps will look to extend their five-match unbeaten run as they play their fifth match in 15 days against fellow Western Conference side Austin FC on Saturday at Q2 Stadium in Austin, Texas. The Blue and White enter the match having not conceded a goal, or shot on target, in their last 230 minutes of MLS play. The five-match unbeaten run is also the club's longest in MLS since a six-match unbeaten streak to end the 2021 regular season. Meanwhile, Austin FC are winless in their last three matches heading into Saturday's tilt.
A TRADITION IS BORN: Back in August 2021, the inaugural meeting between the 'Caps and Austin FC took place at Q2 Stadium. The Blue and White would go on to claim a 2-1, come-from-behind victory in their last away match before returning to BC Place for the first time with fans in attendance since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. After the match in the locker room, the players gathered around to sing 'Stand By Me' for the first time, giving birth to the tradition that is sung after every home win at BC Place.
NUMBERS GAME: Heading into Matchday 8, Vancouver find themselves atop several key statistics in MLS play. The 'Caps currently lead the league in big chances created with 15, lead the league in key passes with 79, and sit second in expected goals with 13.0. In terms of individual player statistics, Julian Gressel sits tied for the second-most assists in the league with four and is tied for the league-lead in big chances created with eight, while Andrés Cubas is tied for the most tackles won in the Western Conference with 14.
MLS Season Pass
The 2023 season sees the debut of MLS Season Pass, the unprecedented subscription service from Apple and MLS that will have every match of the regular season, Audi 2023 MLS Cup Playoffs, and Leagues Cup – all in one place and with no blackouts. As an exclusive benefit, Whitecaps FC 2023 Season Members will receive a subscription to MLS Season Pass on Apple TV, as well as significant savings over single match tickets.