VANCOUVER, BC – Finally, Vancouver Whitecaps FC is back. The 'Caps are set to kickoff the 2023 MLS regular season at BC Place this Saturday, February 25 as they face fellow Western Conference side Real Salt Lake. The first 20,000 fans to arrive to the match will receive a FREE scarf, courtesy of the club's new premier partner TELUS.
- GET YOUR TICKETS: Single match tickets starting as low as $28
The club will be expecting its largest home opener crowd since 2020 at Saturday's match.
- FIVE POTENTIAL BREAKOUT PLAYERS: Read along to learn which 'Caps players could earn bigger roles this season
- FIVE TAKEAWAYS FROM PRESEASON: From Spain to Southern California, get caught up on the storylines from preseason
- KNOW THY ENEMY: 'Caps face crafty Real Salt Lake side in first test of 2023 MLS regular season
- COLIN'S KEYS: Colin Miller gives his keys ahead of the radio call on AM730
- KID CAPTAIN: Welcome Sierra to the match!
- BLOODLINES JERSEY: Get swagged up in the newest 'Caps kit
- YOHEI'S JOURNEY TO VANCOUVER: Takaoka "looking forward" to new challenge with 'Caps
- WELCOME "LA PANTERA": 'Caps acquire Venezuelan international striker Sergio "La Pantera" Córdova
- 2023 CELEBRATION MATCHES: Secure your spot to one of our eight Celebration Matches this season
- NEW MLS CUP PLAYOFFS FORMAT: MLS announces expanded playoffs format, including new Round One Best-of-3 series
- MLS SEASON PASS: Can't make it to the game? Catch all the action live on Apple TV with MLS Season Pass
'CAPS ARE BACK: Vancouver Whitecaps FC returns to action this Saturday, February 25 as the club opens up their 2023 MLS regular season campaign in front of their home fans against fellow Western Conference side Real Salt Lake at BC Place. The ‘Caps are unbeaten in their last three meetings against RSL, with the previous meeting at BC Place ending in a 2-1 victory for the Blue and White.
NEW ACQUISITIONS: The ‘Caps have added several new faces to their roster this past offseason, with eight players joining the team. Additions include Venezuelan Designated Player striker Sergio Córdova, Japanese goalkeeper Yohei Takaoka, Uruguayan defender Mathías Laborda, Canadian centre back Karifa Yao, Generation adidas midfielder J.C. Ngando, as well as goalkeeper Max Anchor, wingback Ali Ahmed, and striker Simon Becher, who all spent time with Whitecaps FC 2 last season.
PRESEASON RECAP: The ‘Caps enter the 2023 season coming off a busy preseason, which saw them host two camps and play eight friendlies. The first camp, which took place in Marbella, Spain, saw the team face a pair of European sides in the form of German 2. Bundesliga outfit Hamburger SV and Austrian side Wolfsberger AC. The second phase of preseason took place in Southern California, as the 'Caps played six friendlies at the Coachella Valley Invitational, with five of them coming against MLS opposition. Overall, Vancouver posted a record of 3W-2L-3D in their preseason matches, going unbeaten at the Invitational and claiming three clean sheets in the process.
MLS Season Pass
The 2023 season will see the debut of MLS Season Pass, the unprecedented subscription service from Apple and MLS that will have every match of the regular season, Audi 2023 MLS Cup Playoffs, and Leagues Cup – all in one place and with no blackouts. As an exclusive benefit, Whitecaps FC 2023 Season Members will receive a subscription to MLS Season Pass on Apple TV, as well as significant savings over single match tickets.