VANCOUVER, BC – After securing their path to the Concacaf Champions League quarterfinals in mid-week, Vancouver Whitecaps FC return to MLS action as they'll look to spoil Los Angeles Galaxy's home opener this Saturday, March 18 at Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, California.
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE RECAP: 'Caps claim 7-3 aggregate victory over Real CD España
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUARTERFINALS: 'Caps set to face LAFC in CCL quarterfinals
- WFC2 CALL-UPS: Fry, Johnson signed to MLS short-term agreements for Saturday's match
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WORLDWIDE: The different paths across the world to reach the 2025 FIFA Club World Cup
- LEAGUES CUP: Check out the full 2023 Leagues Cup schedule
- CÓRDOVA GETS THE CALL: Sergio Córdova called up to Venezuela's men's national team for March friendlies
- BLOODLINES JERSEY: Get swagged up in the newest 'Caps kit
- WFC2 SCHEDULE: Whitecaps FC 2 to kick off 2023 MLS NEXT Pro season on March 26 at Swangard Stadium
- 2023 GENERATION ADIDAS CUP: 'Caps BMO MLS academy teams set to take on Manchester United, KRC Genk
- NEXT HOME MATCH: Get your tickets for the 'Caps Canadian clash against CF Montréal on April 1
- 2023 CELEBRATION MATCHES: Secure your spot to one of our eight Celebration Matches this season
- MLS SEASON PASS: Catch all the action live on Apple TV with MLS Season Pass
Los Angeles Galaxy vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC
Saturday, March 18, 2023 – 7:30 p.m. PT
Dignity Health Sports Park – Carson, California
BROADCAST: MLS Season Pass,TSN1 - RADIO: AM730
Pre-match show: 6:30 p.m. PT (AM730)
'CAPS IN HOLLYWOOD: On Saturday, the 'Caps will shift their focus towards MLS regular season play, as they face Western Conference rivals Los Angeles Galaxy at Dignity Health Sports Park in the side's 2023 home opener. Vancouver will be looking to build off their 1-1 draw against FC Dallas last week in order to keep racking up points in MLS play. So far, the Galaxy have posted a 0W-1L-1D record through their first two matches, recording one goal in the process. The 'Caps claimed a 3-0 victory in their previous match against Los Angeles last September, with Ryan Gauld, Pedro Vite and Tosaint Ricketts getting on the scoresheet.
ALL TOGETHER NOW: With plenty of matches coming up in the early part of the season, the Blue and White rested some players in Wednesday's Concacaf Champions League second leg against Real CD España. Some of those rested players in Andrés Cubas, Ryan Gauld, Julian Gressel, Alessandro Schöpf, and Ranko Veselinović will now travel to Los Angeles to join up with the squad ahead of Saturday's match.
MILESTONES ABOUND: Several 'Caps players are close to reaching some big career milestones heading into this weekend's clash against the Galaxy. Tristan Blackmon is one away from reaching 100 MLS appearances (including playoffs and MiB), while Russell Teibert is two away from reaching 250 MLS regular season appearances and Julian Gressel is four away from 200 MLS appearances (including playoffs). Brian White is also nearing the 50-goal mark in his career, having scored his 47th career goal on Wednesday.