VANCOUVER, BC – Vancouver Whitecaps FC begin their Voyageurs Cup title defence as they face Canadian Premier League side York United FC in the quarterfinals of the 2023 Canadian Championship on Wednesday, May 10 at York Lions Stadium in Toronto, Ontario. Kickoff is set for 4:30 p.m. PT.
- Catch all the action live on OneSoccer, fuboTV, or TELUS Channel 980 at 4:30 p.m. PT. The game will also be available on AM730 (radio).
Wednesday's match will be the second all-time meeting between the two sides.
- COLIN'S KEYS: Attitude, Pressure, Shoot!
- KNOW YOUR HISTORY: Six memorable CanChamp road matches
- JOHNSON CALLED-UP: 'Caps sign WFC2 forward Levonte Johnson to MLS short-term agreement for Wednesday's match
- TEAM OF THE MATCHDAY: White, Gauld named to MLS Team of the Matchday for Matchday 11
- UNBEATEN WEEKEND: From Academy, to Girls Elite, to MLS first team, 'Caps enjoy unbeaten weekend
- CC ROAD MATCHES: Take a look back at six of the 'Caps most memorable Canadian Championship road matches
- LEAGUES CUP: 'Caps to host LIGA MX side and CCL finalists Club Léon on July 21 at BC Place, kickoff times confirmed
- PROJECT 8: New Toronto franchise announced
- 'CAPS AT FIFA U-20 WORLD CUP: Linder and Herdman named to New Zealand's FIFA U-20 World Cup roster
- BLOODLINES JERSEY: Get swagged up in the newest 'Caps kit
- NEXT 'CAPS HOME MATCH: Be there for Next-Gen Night as the 'Caps face Cascadia rivals Seattle Sounders FC on May 20
- NEXT WFC2 HOME MATCH: Catch the young 'Caps face Cascadia rivals Tacoma Defiance on May 21 at Swangard Stadium
- 2023 CELEBRATION MATCHES: Secure your spot to one of our eight Celebration Matches this season
York United FC vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC
Wednesday, May 10, 2023 – 4:30 p.m. PT
York Lions Stadium – Toronto, ON
BROADCAST: OneSoccer, fuboTV, TELUS Channel 980 - RADIO: AM730
Pre-match show: 3:30 p.m. PT (AM730)
RUN IT BACK: Defending Voyageurs Cup holders Vancouver Whitecaps FC kick off their 2023 Canadian Championship campaign against Canadian Premier League side York United FC in the quarterfinals of the tournament this Wednesday at York Lions Stadium. Last season, the 'Caps also came up against York en route to winning their second Voyageurs Cup, beating the side 2-1 at BC Place thanks to a brace from Brian White. The winner of Wednesday's affair will move on to play the winner between Canadian Premier League outfit Pacific FC and League1 BC side TSS Rovers in two weeks time.
UNBEATEN STREAK: With last weekend's win against Minnesota United FC, the 'Caps extended their MLS unbeaten streak to eight matches, which is tied for the longest such streak in the league with Eastern Conference side New England Revolution. In addition, the 'Caps have tallied 11 points in their last five matches, which is also tied for the most in the league with New England. Since the start of April, Vancouver has scored nine goals while only allowing two and keeping four clean sheets in the process.