LANGFORD, BC – Vancouver Whitecaps FC will be back in action as they host Mexican side Tigres UANL at Starlight Stadium in Langford, BC this coming Wednesday, February 7.
Kickoff will be at 7 p.m. PT.
About the match
This will be the first leg of this Round One series in the Concacaf Champions Cup – the tournament to crown the best team in the region. Whitecaps FC qualified after winning a second straight Canadian Championship.
Since this Wednesday’s match is the first leg of a two-match aggregate series (total goals), it can end in a draw. The second leg will be played next Wednesday, February 14 at Estadio Universitario in San Nicolás de los Garza, Mexico, with the winner over the two legs advancing to the next round. Should the two teams be tied on total goals after the second leg, the away goals rule will apply, using extra time and a shootout if necessary. Find the complete tiebreaker procedures starting on pg. 31 of the official regulations.
Complimentary parking is available in Langford on a first come, first served basis. Please find a Starlight Stadium parking map at langford.ca.
Gates will be open at 6 p.m. PT.
Fans who purchased tickets in advance can access them through mobile ticketing, providing a contactless and paperless experience.
Fans can find their tickets through either their Whitecaps FC Account Manager (whitecapsfc.com/accountmanager) or their Ticketmaster account.
Away team apparel & regulations
No opposing team apparel or flags in the designated Whitecaps FC Supporter areas. Standing, chanting, and singing throughout the match is permitted in designated supporter group areas. The designated Tigres UANL visiting supporter area is section 113/114.
Concessions & Food Trucks
Concessions will be open, serving food and both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
Food trucks will also be on-site, including Greek on the Street, L'Authentique Poutine, Kattia's Kitchen.
The last call for alcohol in the stadium will be the 70th minute of the match.
Strollers & Umbrellas
No umbrellas are allowed in-stadium. Strollers can be kept at guest services.
Backpacks and small bags are permitted, but no large duffle bags, rolling bags, or suitcases. There will not be bag check at the stadium.
Bags will be searched upon entry. No outside food or drink.
- Any large bags, duffle bags, rolling bags, or suitcases
- Weapons of any kind including, but not limited to, knives, pepper spray, stun guns, concealed weapons and firearms
- Fireworks of any kind including, but not limited to, flares, smoke bombs, incendiary devices and pyrotechnics
- Illegal drugs or harmful chemicals
- Outside food or beverages (exceptions may be made for medical reasons)
- Any missile or object that can be used as a projectile
- Aerosol cans or pressurized containers
- Professional camera equipment, including but not limited to, tripods, battery packs, large commercial video cameras
- Noisemakers, including, but not limited to, whistles, horns, and cowbells
- Laser pointers
- Remote controlled aircraft or unmanned aircraft systems (drones)
- Skateboards, rollerblades, and bicycles are not allowed and will not be stored
- Selfie sticks
- Inflated soccer balls
- Beach balls or other inflatable items
- Animals (excluding certified service animals with proper documentation)
- Any other items deemed to be inappropriate and/or dangerous by the Venue Security Representative
- See visual displays of support for flag, banner, and pole policies
Fans coming from out-of-town can find more information for their stay at langford.ca.