Vancouver Whitecaps FC matches take place at BC Place stadium. The following Match Day Guide is designed to ensure that your experience at BC Place is enjoyable and convenient.
Does your bag meet BC Place guidelines?
For ease of entry, we recommend you don’t bring a bag to the stadium.
If you do bring a bag, make sure it’s made of clear plastic and smaller than 12”x12”x6”. Exceptions will be made for diaper bags and medically necessary items that do not fit into a clear bag. You can bring one small opaque bag, but it can’t be larger than 4.5”x 6.5”. All bags will be inspected prior to entry.
Fans can check oversized bags at the bottom of Gate C (lot 457) on a first come, first serve basis. Bicycles can be stored at the Bike Valet at Gate E.
Enjoy the match!
ACCESSIBLE ENTRANCES AND FACILITIES
All entrances except Gates F and G are fully accessible for Guests. A dedicated Accessible Drop-Off and Pick-Up is located at section 147 – see ACCESSIBLE DROP-OFF AND PICK-UP information below. Guests may request special wheelchair assistance upon arrival by informing BC Place staff at the gate.
Fans accessing the Pitchside Club seating can enter using the Accessible Drop Off located along Pacific Boulevard, or by using the elevator at sections 247 or 347 to access Section 147.
All concessions, seating levels and washrooms are accessible. In addition, family and universal washrooms are located on each concourse.
ACCESSIBLE DROP-OFF AND PICK-UP
The accessible drop-off/pick-up facility is located at section 147 of BC Place. Vehicles can access the drop-off/pick-up facility from street level on Pacific Boulevard. There is no parking at the drop-off/pick-up facility. Please see the parking map for directions and parking options.
Accessible parking is available at a number of parking lots near BC Place, serviced by:
Guests with mobility challenges can now access virtually any vantage point in the seating area. Accessible seating platforms are integrated into the main stadium seating throughout the spectator bowl. One attendant ticket is available with each Accessible ticket purchased for the Accessible platforms to ensure all other guests with mobility restrictions can be accommodated. One seat will be provided for the Guest's assistant. In order to accommodate groups larger than two, please speak with your Whitecaps FC or Ticketmaster representative when purchasing your tickets. Your representative will work with you to seat your party as close as possible.
The stadium is located at 777 Pacific Blvd., Vancouver, BC, Canada V6B 4Y8
No discounts on the price of admission will be offered based on the time of your entry. The ticket price is the same whether you enter at the beginning or end of the match.
Alcohol policies are in place to ensure all guests have a great and memorable time during their visit. For those who would like to consume alcoholic beverages, they are available at concession stands throughout the venue, as well as portable beverage stands. Provincial liquor laws prohibit guests from bringing alcoholic beverages into the stadium, and the only alcohol permitted on the premises must be purchased and/or dispensed by authorized stadium servers.
- Guests who appear to be under the age of 30 will be required to show approved identification
- No guest will be served more than two alcoholic beverages at any given time.
- Alcohol beverage sales will stop at the 70-minute mark during Whitecaps matches.
We encourage all fans to drink responsibly and consider all alternate modes of transportation available.
Only certified service dogs or service dogs in training will be allowed into the stadium. All other animals are prohibited.
BABY CHANGING AREAS
Changing stations are located in washrooms throughout the stadium. There are also parent and gender neutral rooms available on Level 2.
BANNERS AND SIGNS / VISUAL DISPLAYS OF SUPPORT
For Whitecaps FC home matches, fans are permitted to bring approved tifo, signs, flags, and/or banners (collectively, “Visual Displays”) into the stadium to exhibit their support for the club provided they do not obstruct the view of guests or block stadium signage.
Visual Displays that are 4’ x 8’ or smaller and which are comprised solely of the Whitecaps FC or the Village logo, the Southsiders, Curva Collective or Rain City Brigade logos, Cascadia flags, a Canadian or US National Flag, province or state flags, or City of Vancouver flag do not need club pre-approval but are still required to enter through Gate G.
All other Visual Displays must be approved by the club prior to match day.
To ensure the safety and enjoyment of all fans, all Visual Displays must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Approval is at the sole discretion of Vancouver Whitecaps FC.
- All Visual Displays are to be event related and in good taste.
- Visual Displays must not contain any commercial, political or religious messaging and must not be offensive, obscene, racist, discriminatory, disparaging towards any specific individuals or contain inappropriate language.
- All Visual Displays must enter through Gate G.
- All ticketholders, including any accompanying Visual Displays are subject to search upon entering the stadium.
- Poles must be no longer than 3.5 feet and made of PVC pipe.
To obtain approval for your Visual Display, please send an email, a minimum of one week prior to match day, with accompanying photo of your sign, flag or banner to email@example.com
Approved Visual Displays will be issued a tifo sticker. The sticker can be picked up at the Whitecaps FC Gastown office or on matchdays at Gate G up until kickoff and must be adhered to the back of the Visual Display at all times.
Any Visual Displays brought to the stadium that have not been approved will be confiscated on site and returned following the match.
BIKE VALET & BAG CHECK
Safe and secure bicycle parking is provided by The Bicycle Valet (thebicyclevalet.ca), located at Gate E. Fans can check oversized bags at the bottom of Gate C (lot 457) on a first come, first serve basis.
CAMERA AND VIDEO EQUIPMENT
Personal photography is permitted in stadium, provided the images are for personal use only. Cameras larger than 6 inches (150mm) in length with lens attached are permitted. However, photographic support tools that may interfere with others' enjoyment of the match (tripods, professional lenses, etc.) are not permitted in the stadium.
Selfie sticks are not permitted in stadium.
Any audio or video recording is in violation of Major League Soccer policies.
The use of cellular phones is allowed at BC Place, provided the usage does not interfere with another guest’s enjoyment of the game. Bell is the Premier Founding Partner and Official Telecommunications Partner of Whitecaps FC. We encourage fans to check out their mobile services and phones at www.bell.ca.
Children age two and under will be admitted free as long as the child is sitting on an adult's lap. If a parent requests a physical seat for the child, he/she must purchase a ticket.
At BC Place Stadium, the commitment of Centerplate, the food service provider, is to offer a wide selection of products in its concession stands, lounges and suites. A commitment that has the team redefining food culture in sport & entertainment.
Whitecaps guests who upgrade to the Club Seats can choose from two Club Lounges that offer items like sushi, garden salads, D original hotdogs (a locally produced natural hotdog made specifically for BC Place), and charcuterie and cheese plates. Centerplate’s Chef also makes his own ketchup and mustard to compliment your favorite meal in this area.
ELECTRONIC CIGARETTES AND VAPORIZERS
The stadium is a non-smoking facility. As such, there is no smoking on the stadium’s plaza or inside the gates. Smoking, or the use of alternative smoking devices, on BC Place property will result in eviction from BC Place without refund.
FAN CODE OF CONDUCT
Major League Soccer and each of its Clubs are committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable match-day experience for all fans visiting MLS stadiums and facilities. MLS and its Clubs are also deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment, free of discrimination and harassment. This Fan Code of Conduct addresses conduct that is inconsistent with these goals and detracts from the match-day experience.
The following conduct is prohibited in the Stadium and all parking lots, facilities and areas controlled by the Club or MLS:
- Behavior that is unruly, disruptive, threatening or violent in nature, including verbal or physical harassment of match officials, players, staff or fans
- Conduct that is illegal
- Conduct that results in damage to the venue or other personal property
- Displaying signs, symbols, images, using language or making gestures that are threatening, abusive, or discriminatory, including on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, ability, and/or sexual orientation
- Displaying signs, symbols or images for commercial purposes or for electioneering, campaigning or advocating for or against any candidate, political party, legislative issue, or government action
- Entering or attempting to enter the field, the field track, the tunnel or any other location other than that permitted by the fan’s ticket or credential
- Possession of an unauthorized pyrotechnic device, smoke or firework or other Prohibited Items*
- Throwing objects of any kind, including streamers
- Failing to follow requests from venue staff regarding stadium operations, policies and emergency response procedures
- Declining to promptly return a ball that enters the stands
- Irresponsible use or consumption of alcohol or other substances
- Making unauthorized transmissions or play-by-play accounts of the match
- Any behavior that otherwise targets other fans or interferes with other fans’ enjoyment of the game
Any fan who violates any of these provisions may be subject to penalty, including, but not limited to, ejection without refund, loss of ticket privileges for future games and revocation of season tickets. Any fan who (1) conducts themselves in an extremely disruptive or dangerous manner (“Level 1 Offenses”), or (2) commits multiple violations during a 12-month period, may be banned from attending future MLS matches for up to a year or longer.
Level 1 Offenses include, but are not limited to:
- Violent behaviour
- Threatening, abusive or discriminatory conduct or language
- Trespassing or throwing objects onto the field
- Use or possession of unauthorized pyrotechnics or other dangerous Prohibited Items
- Illegal conduct
Depending on the nature and severity of the violation, individuals who violate this Fan Code of Conduct may be required to submit a written request for readmission and participate in an online Fan Code of Conduct Education Class (FCEC) in order to be reinstated.
Please note that MLS and its Clubs reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone who has engaged in harassment of match officials, opposing team members, staff or other fans or who have otherwise violated this Code of Conduct using social or digital media or other forms of communication.
First Aid Stations and rovers are located throughout the concourse on level 2.
LOST AND FOUND
If you lose (or find) an item during the match, please report the loss (or bring the found item) to Guest Services in section 234 on level 2. If you realize you have lost an item after leaving the venue, please contact BC Place at:
BC Place Lost & found
Parents looking for a lost child should report to Guest Services located at section 234 on level 2 immediately.
Official Whitecaps FC merchandise is available at stores and kiosks on the concourse on level 2 and at the South West Club Lounge on level 3.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
BMO MasterCard is the preferred method of payment at all Whitecaps FC matches.
As part of the improvements to the speed-of-service, debit payments are no longer available at food and beverage concession stand locations. Credit cards and cash are accepted at all food and beverage concession stands. For guests who require debit as a payment method, ATM machines are located on the concourse at sections 212, 216, 225, 235, 246 and 250, on suite level at section 343, and in the food court at section 112. All ticketing and merchandise locations throughout the stadium continue to accept debit, credit card and cash.
We have removed the ability to print tickets. Moving to paperless, mobile tickets is part of our effort to minimize ticket fraud and ticket duplication on matchdays.
NO SMOKING POLICY
The stadium is a non-smoking facility. As such, there is no smoking on the stadium’s plaza or inside the gates.
Outside food or drink is not permitted into the stadium. Special considerations will be made for infants (i.e. bottles and unopened baby food), and for medical reasons. Any outside food or beverage will have to be consumed or disposed of at the gates.
Pay parking is available in multiple lots close to the stadium. All paid and unpaid guests requiring accessible parking should proceed to Impark Lot 457 (adjacent lot, closer to Rogers Arena).
- Any bags larger than the approved 14” x 14” x 6”
- Weapons of any kind including, but not limited to, knives, pepper spray, stun guns, concealed weapons and firearms
- Masks can be worn to the match; however, they must be removed upon arrival at the stadium gates, on the concourse, and can ONLY be worn while in your seats
- Fireworks of any kind including, but not limited to, flares, smoke bombs, incendiary devices and pyrotechnics
- Illegal drugs or harmful chemicals
- Outside food or beverages (exceptions may be made for medical reasons)
- Any missile or object that can be used as a projectile
- Aerosol cans or pressurized containers
- Professional camera equipment, including but not limited to, tripods, battery packs, large commercial video cameras
- Noisemakers, including, but not limited to, whistles, horns, and cowbells
- Laser pointers
- Remote controlled aircraft or unmanned aircraft systems (drones)
- Skateboards, rollerblades, and bicycles are not allowed and will not be stored. Bicycles can be checked at the Bike Valet at Gate C
- Selfie sticks (can be checked in at Bag Check)
- Inflated soccer balls
- Beach balls or other inflatable items
- Animals (excluding certified service animals with proper documentation)
- Any other items deemed to be inappropriate and/or dangerous by the Venue Security Representative
- See visual displays of support for flag, banner, and pole policies
Any individual who throws, tosses, or otherwise projects any object in the stands, onto the pitch, or in the direction of another spectator, will be immediately removed from the stadium. Thrown objects will become the property of Vancouver Whitecaps FC and will be returned to their owner only at the sole discretion of Vancouver Whitecaps FC and the stadium.
Re-entry is not permitted at the stadium.
SCREENING PROCEDURE & BAG SEARCH
Please note that, in compliance with MLS policy, no bags larger than 14’’x14’’x6’’ are permitted into the stadium on Vancouver Whitecaps FC match days. Coolers are prohibited. Anyone with a bag that does not meet the designated requirements will be turned away at the gate. All bags smaller than 14”x14”x6” will be inspected prior to entry. Special considerations will be made for guests with special medical needs and parents caring for infants.
Fans can check oversized bags at the bottom of Gate C (lot 457) on a first come, first serve basis. Bicycles can be stored at the Bike Valet at Gate E.
To help ensure the safety and security of everyone at BC Place, guests entering the venue will be required to participate in a screening procedure which includes new walk through metal detectors. Failure to participate in a screening will result in denial of entry.
Guests are asked to observe the following tips prior to arrival:
- Please have your ticket ready to scan upon entry. Ensure electronic tickets are downloaded to your mobile device and available to scan prior to entry.
- Minimize the number of personal items in your possession.
- Leave bags at home if possible.
- Allow yourself extra time for entry to the venue, and observe the signage and direction of venue staff.
- At entry, place objects such as umbrellas, purses, permitted bags or cameras on the table prior to passing through the metal detector.
- NOTE: Personal items such as mobile phones, keys, wallets and coins, watches, belts, shoes or jackets DO NOT need to be removed unless requested by venue staff.
- After walking through the metal detector, guests are free to collect their belongings on the table.
- If the metal detector is activated, guests will be required to participate in a secondary screening prior to entering and this may slow your access to the venue.
As soccer is primarily an outdoor sport, Whitecaps FC – in coordination with BC Place – open the stadium’s retractable roof for all matches. In the case of extreme weather (heavy rain, freezing temperatures, etc.), a decision to close the roof may be made. If the weather is questionable, the club will typically confirm the roof’s status about four hours prior to kickoff. Fans can check for updates on match day using the club’s Facebook and/or Twitter handle. It’s always best to prepare for an outdoor experience when attending Whitecaps FC matches at BC Place! – bring a jacket or sweater on cool Spring or Fall match days, and have sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses with you during the hot summer months!
Stroller parking is available at section 229.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is not responsible for any lost or damaged items. If a stroller parking ticket is lost, proof of identification must be provided in order to claim the stroller.
Stroller parking is available from gate opening time to a half hour after the final whistle. If no strollers are dropped off, stroller parking will close at halftime.
Season Ticket holders are encouraged to contact their Whitecaps FC Account Manager prior to any game to go over options available for tickets that may be going unused. Tickets can be donated to the Kids Up Front Foundation (www.kidsupfrontvancouver.com) on your behalf so that no seats are left empty.
BC Place provides a limited number of wheelchairs for guest use if required. At this time, BC Place does not have wheelchair storage space available. Level 3 suites have removable seats to allow for wheelchair seating. Please contact BC Place prior to your event at 604-661-3434 or firstname.lastname@example.org and stadium staff will prepare your suite for you.