VANCOUVER, BC – Vancouver Vancouver Whitecaps FC are excited to welcome an amazing group of special guests to Saturday’s long-awaited return to BC Place against Los Angeles FC.
- Important information for the 'Caps return to BC Place: Mobile tickets, cashles transactions, bag policy, free t-shirts, scarves, The Warmup, and more
BC Place Gates A, C, G and H will be open for entry, starting at 5:30 p.m. PT and kickoff is at 7 p.m. PT. Additional important matchday information, including tickets and giveaways, is available at whitecapsfc.com.
CANADIAN OLYMPIC HEROES
22 Olympic athletes will be honoured at BC Place prior to kickoff, including medalists in race walk and rowing:
- Pamphinette Buisa – Rugby Sevens
- Evan Dunfee – Athletics, Race Walk (Bronze Medalist)
- Monika Eggens – Water Polo
- Caleigh Filmer – Rowing (Bronze Medalist)
- Stephanie Grauer – Rowing
- Kasia Gruchalla-Wesierski – Rowing (Gold Medalist)
- Hillary Janssens – Rowing (Bronze Medalist)
- Patrick Keane – Rowing
- Kristen Kit – Rowing (Gold Medalist)
- Maxwell Lattimer - Rowing
- Madison Mailey – Rowing (Gold Medalist)
- Conlin McCabe - Rowing
- Hayley McKelvey – Water Polo
- Lisa Roman – Rowing (Gold Medalist)
- Camryn Rogers – Track & Field, Hammer Throw
- Jessica Sevick - Rowing
- Kierra Smith – Swimming
- Gurpreet Sohi – Water Polo
- Kristen Tsai – Badminton
- Charity Williams – Rugby Sevens
- Natasha Wodak - Marathon
- Regan Yee – Track & Field, 3000 metres steeplechase
“It was amazing to watch these incredible athletes represent their country at the recent Olympic Games in Tokyo,” said Axel Schuster, Whitecaps FC chief executive officer and sporting director. “We are honoured to welcome them to the match and celebrate their achievements.”
GOLD MEDAL WINNING CANADA WNT MEMBERS
In addition to the 21 athletes attending, seven staff members from Canada’s Gold Medal winning national women’s soccer team will also be in attendance.
- Bev Priestman, head coach
- Jasmine Mander, performance analyst
- Michael Norris, goalkeeper coach
- Adam Day, technical assistant coach
- Mallory White, medial-sports science
- Alex Hodgins, mental performance
- Maeve Glass, equipment manager
“We are so proud of our Canadian women’s national soccer team and their amazing run to the Gold Medal,” noted Schuster. "It was especially exciting to see not only three alumni from our Girls Elite REX program with Julia Grosso, Jordyn Huitema, and Jayde Riviere, but also the many staff who have been a part of our club play such an important role in this landmark moment.”
FRONTLINE HEROES & DR. BONNIE HENRY
Whitecaps FC will also welcome over 350 frontline heroes, as well as British Columbia Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry, who will be honoured during Saturday’s match.
“We are honoured to have so many frontline heroes at our match and at the same time we are very excited to have Dr. Henry attending our first match at BC Place in 539 days,” added Schuster. “As we have said throughout this pandemic, our number one priority is the health and safety of everyone, and Dr. Henry has shown poise throughout this challenging period. We are thrilled to finally be able to return to our home stadium and be able to recognize her contributions to our community.”
Fans are reminded that Vancouver Coastal Health will be on-site at BC Place Stadium, Terry Fox Plaza with a drop-in COVID-19 vaccination clinic starting at 2 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. PT.
People aged 12 years of age and older can drop-in to be vaccinated for either their first or second dose. British Columbians are eligible for a second dose at 28 days after their first dose. Drop-ins to this clinic are on a first-come, first-served basis, depending on eligibility and vaccine availability. Please bring photo identification, BC Personal Health Number, and if it’s the second dose, bring immunization record card.
For more information on the match, visit whitecapsfc.com/matchday.