It's time to #BuckUp for Mental Health! Share this post and Desjardins Insurance will donate $1 in support of Covenant House VancouverPosted by Vancouver Whitecaps FC on Tuesday, May 19, 2015
Vancouver Whitecaps FC announced today the launch of their annual fundraising campaign #BuckUp for Mental Health presented by Desjardins Insurance. The campaign runs from today, Tuesday, May 19 and culminates at the ‘Caps match on Saturday, May 30 when Whitecaps FC take on Real Salt Lake at BC Place.
This year, the funds raised through #BuckUp for Mental Health will be donated to Whitecaps FC community partner Covenant House Vancouver. Covenant House Vancouver works to improve the lives of more than 1,500 homeless youth, most of whom struggle with mental illness. One of Covenant House Vancouver’s key initiatives includes a soccer program which has proven successful in the rehabilitation of youth including Ali, who is featured in the #BuckUp video and is also a gameday employee of Whitecaps FC.
Participating is easy – there are many ways to show your support:
1. Donate online at whitecapsfc.com/buckup
2. Bring at least one dollar to the match on Saturday, May 30 when the ‘Caps take on Real Salt Lake. Help us raise one dollar per fan for a total of $21,000
3. Support via social media by sharing our video or re-tweeting – Desjardins Insurance will donate $1 for every re-tweet or share of the #BuckUp video (the tweet is below and there is a share button on the top right corner of the video at the top of this page)
4. Create an account online at whitecapsfc.com/buckup and ask your networks to donate – there are great prizes to be won for top fundraisers!
5. Text BuckUp to 39-39-39 to pledge $5 to #BuckUp in support of Covenant House Vancouver