VANCOUVER, BC – Vancouver Whitecaps FC are set to host Canadian rival Toronto FC at 1 p.m. PT on TSN1 and CTV (limited tickets still available). Here’s a look at Vancouver’s starting XI.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC
18.Spencer Richey; 25.Sheanon Williams, 4.Kendall Waston, 26.Tim Parker, 2.Jordan Harvey; 15.Matías Laba, 31.Russell Teibert; 67.Alphonso Davies, 11.Nicolás Mezquida, 20.Brek Shea; 12.Fredy Montero
70.Paolo Tornaghi, 7.Christian Bolaños, 8.Andrew Jacobson, 13.Cristian Techera, 17.Marcel de Jong, 19.Erik Hurtado, 23.Kekuta Manneh
• Three changes from Tuesday’s 2-0 loss at Tigres UANL in Monterrey, Mexico, as Spencer Richey, Russell Teibert and Nicolás Mezquida replace David Ousted (suspended), Andrew Jacobson, and Marcel de Jong.
• Goalkeeper Spencer Richey makes his MLS debut with Ousted suspended. The 24-year old native of Seattle, Washington, and product of the University of Washington, was the 61st overall pick in the 2015 MLS SuperDraft. Whitecaps FC acquired the pick from New England in exchange for keeper Brad Knighton. Richey was signed to Whitecaps FC 2 on March 17, 2015 and during his two seasons with the USL side he posted a 12W-12L-5D record, including playoffs, along with a GAA of 1.59 and save percentage of 0.709. Last year, under the USL short-term agreements, Richey made two CONCACAF Champions League starts with the first team – 1-0 win at Central FC on August 2, 2-1 win at Sporting Kansas City on September 13.
• Centre back Kendall Waston and left back Jordan Harvey are the only two players to have played all three matches in eight days.
• Designated Player and three-time MLS All-Star Fredy Montero makes his first start for Whitecaps FC in MLS play.
• David Edgar: out - suffered posterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments (PCL and MCL) tear, as well as a meniscus tear, in his right knee on December 15, surgery on January 4
• Brett Levis: out - suffered an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) tear in his right knee during the second half of the season finale against Portland on October 23, surgery on November 8
• Yordy Reyna: out - left foot (fifth metatarsal) fracture suffered in the second half of the preseason match at Portland on February 15, surgery on February 21