HOUSTON, TX – Vancouver Whitecaps FC are set to face Houston Dynamo at BBVA Compass Stadium (6 p.m. PT on TSN and TSN 1410 radio). Here’s a look at Vancouver’s starting lineup.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC
1.David Ousted; 25.Sheanon Williams, 4.Kendall Waston, 26.Tim Parker, 2.Jordan Harvey; 15.Matías Laba; 13.Cristian Techera, 8.Andrew Jacobson, 16.Tony Tchani, 7.Christian Bolaños; 12.Fredy Montero
70.Paolo Tornaghi, 11.Nicolás Mezquida, 17.Marcel de Jong, 20.Brek Shea, 31.Russell Teibert, 67.Alphonso Davies, 77.Mauro Rosales
- Whitecaps FC have their fourth straight road match tonight, which will have seen them play in four different time zones and travel 18,108 km.
- Manager Carl Robinson starts the same XI for the fourth consecutive match – a first for Whitecaps FC in the Major League Soccer era.
- Same seven substitutes as in Colorado are available tonight; four of the ’Caps 12 goals scored in league play are from a substitute.
- The ‘Caps recorded their first point in Houston on July 23, 2016 in a scoreless draw. They were previously 0W-3L-3D at Houston.
- Christian Dean: out - left foot (fifth metatarsal) stress reaction suffered in training on April 25
- David Edgar: out - suffered a PCL and MCL tear, as well as a meniscus tear, in his right knee on December 15, surgery on January 4
- Kyle Greig: out - right quad tightness suffered in training on April 28
- Erik Hurtado: out – suffered a left foot fracture at the end of the first half against LA Galaxy o April 1
- Brett Levis: out - suffered an ACL tear in his right knee during the second half of the 2016 season finale against Portland on October 23, surgery on November 8
- Jake Nerwinski: out - right quad tightness suffered in training on May 8
- Yordy Reyna: out - suffered left foot (fifth metatarsal) fracture in the second half of the preseason match at Portland on February 15, surgery on February 21