VANCOUVER, BC – Vancouver Whitecaps FC are set to host Western Conference rival FC Dallas at BC Place (7 p.m. PT on TSN 1/4). Here’s a look at Vancouver’s starting lineup.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC
1.David Ousted (c); 28.Jake Nerwinski, 26.Tim Parker, 8.Andrew Jacobson, 2.Jordan Harvey; 15.Matías Laba; 13.Cristian Techera, 31.Russell Teibert, 16.Tony Tchani, 20.Brek Shea; 12.Fredy Montero
70.Paolo Tornaghi, 14.Cole Seiler, 17.Marcel de Jong, 23.Bernie Ibini, 32.Marco Bustos, 67.Alphonso Davies, 77.Mauro Rosales
- Carl Robinson makes three change to the starting XI from the last match against Atlanta United FC as Jake Nerwinski, Russell Teibert, and Brek Shea replace Sheanon Williams (suspended), Kendall Waston (injured) and Christian Bolaños (injured).
- Jacobson makes his first start at centre back since September 3, 2016. Last year, he started at eight times at centre back – six in MLS and two in Canadian Championship play.
- Three ’Caps (Ousted, Parker, Harvey) have started 13 of the first 14 MLS regular season matches and all four CONCACAF Champions League matches.
- Eight players are not available due to injury, including Bolaños and Waston who suffered injuries while on international duty with Costa Rica this week.
- Newcomer Bernie Ibini is available as a substitute for the first time with the club after recovering from a hamstring strain.
- Christian Bolaños: right shoulder sprain suffered during the first half of Costa Rica vs. Panama FIFA World Cup qualifier on June 8. Completed light on-field workouts with medical staff this week
- Christian Dean: left foot (fifth metatarsal) stress reaction suffered in training on April 25. Completed light on-field workouts with medical staff this week
- David Edgar: PCL and MCL tear, as well as a meniscus tear, in his right knee suffered on December 15, surgery on January 4. Out for the 2017 MLS season
- Erik Hurtado: left foot fracture suffered at the end of the first half against LA on April 1. Completed light on-field workouts with medical staff this week
- Brett Levis: ACL tear in his right knee suffered during the second half of the 2016 season finale against Portland on October 23, surgery on November 8. Completed light on-field workouts with medical staff this week
- Nicolás Mezquida: right high ankle sprain suffered during the first half of the Canadian Championship semifinal second leg against Montreal Impact on May 30. Completed light on-field workouts with medical staff this week
- Yordy Reyna: left foot (fifth metatarsal) fracture suffered in the second half of the preseason match at Portland on February 15, surgery on February 21. Trained full this week
- Kendall Waston: left hip and right hand injuries suffered during the first half of the Costa Rica vs. Trinidad and Tobago FIFA World Cup qualifier on June 13. Rehabbing with the medical staff