Vancouver Whitecaps FC is proud to partner with Covenant House Vancouver for the club’s 50/50 program.
All proceeds from the 50/50 program at Whitecaps FC home matches will be donated to Covenant House Vancouver to help to improve the lives of Vancouver’s homeless and at-risk youth.
To purchase 50/50 tickets online during the match, please visit: http://whitecapsfc.com/5050tickets.
For more information and to volunteer, please visit: https://www.covenanthousebc.org/whitecaps5050/.
50/50 PROGRAM RULES AND REGULATIONS
By participating in Covenant House Vancouver’s 50/50 program, Vancouver Whitecaps FC fans will be contributing charitable proceeds to Covenant House Vancouver which supports youth experiencing homelessness.
- The 50/50 raffle is operated through an electronic system that uses sophisticated hardware and software for the purchase of tickets and for generating, tracking, storing and reporting on numbers associated with purchased tickets (the "System")
- Tickets are 3 for $5; 10 for $10, 60 for $20; or 200 for $50.
- Ticket purchasers must be 19 years of age or older. If a winning ticket bears a minor’s name, the prize will be lawfully delivered on behalf of the minor to the minor’s parent, legal guardian or trustee.
- Ticket buyers receive a single printed receipt listing all of the numbers associated with the purchased tickets.
- Ticket sales occur at Vancouver Whitecaps FC home matches at BC Place and must not be sold outside BC.
- Tickets are sold at 'Caps Kickoff, all BC Place Stadium Entrances, on the concourse, in the 300 suite and club level, and in the stands for the duration of the match up to or before the 60th minute of the match.
- The draw is conducted at the BC Place 50/50 office after the 75th minute of the match.
- Using the System, one winning ticket number is randomly generated from among the numbers associated with purchased tickets. The process is initiated by a Covenant House Vancouver staff member and observed and overseen by a member of the board of directors of Covenant House Vancouver.
- The winning number is announced in the final minutes of the match. In the case of a discrepancy between the announced number and the actual number—the actual number will be considered to be the valid winning ticket.
- Winning numbers and amounts are also available on Covenant House Vancouver’s website at https://www.covenanthousebc.org or by calling Covenant House Vancouver’s office at 604-638-GIFT (4438).
- Prizes may be claimed at Guest Services at section 234. Winners have 10 days following the match to claim the prize. In the event that a prize is not claimed within 10 days of the Whitecaps FC home match, the amount will be carried over to the next Whitecaps FC 50/50 draw. Only the holder of the winning ticket may claim the prize. Covenant House Vancouver shall have no responsibility to any other person who claims any interest or right to receive all or any part of the prize associated with a winning ticket.
- Covenant House Vancouver and Vancouver Whitecaps FC have the right to publish the winner's name for promotional and publicity purposes without further compensation to him or her.
- Prize is paid by cheque within seven (7) business days of the 50/50 draw. The winner can phone Covenant House Vancouver (604-638-4438) to arrange to pick up their cheque at the Covenant House Vancouver office (1302 Seymour Street, Vancouver, BC).
- 50/50 program contractors, staff and volunteers are not eligible to participate in the Whitecaps FC 50/50 draws.
- If the System experiences any technical difficulties during a game (i.e. at any time after sales using the System have commenced for that game), 50/50 sales will immediately be suspended for the balance of the game. If Covenant House Vancouver is able to verify that all numbers associated with tickets purchased prior to the suspension of ticket sales have been accounted for by the System, the draw will proceed and a winner will be announced at the end of the match. If Covenant House Vancouver is not able to verify that all numbers associated with tickets purchased prior to the suspension of ticket sales have been accounted for by the System, the draw will be postponed until Covenant House Vancouver is able to make such verification. Where a draw has been postponed, Covenant House Vancouver will announce the winner at the next match and will make the winning number available online as indicated above.
To contact the 50/50 program coordinator, please reach out to:
Development Officer for Community Giving, Covenant House Vancouver
To learn more about the 50/50 program, please visit:
Covenant House Vancouver
1302 Seymour Street