Vancouver Whitecaps FC is proud to partner with BC Children’s Hospital Foundation for the club’s 50/50 program.
All proceeds from the 50/50 program at Whitecaps FC home matches will be donated to BC Children’s Hospital Foundation to help improve the lives of the young people who enter BC Children’s Hospital every day.
50/50 Program Rules, Regulations and Information:
- Ticket purchasers must be 19 years of age or older. If the winning ticket bears a minor’s name, the prize will be lawfully delivered on behalf of the minor to the minor’s parent, legal guardian or trustee.
- Tickets will be sold for $5 for three, $10 for seven or $20 for eighteen.
- Prizes are 50 percent of the jackpot amount. Actual odds depend on number of tickets sold.
- Ticket buyers receive a single printed receipt listing all of the numbers associated with the purchased tickets.
- In the event that the electronic 50/50 system is unavailable at the time the ticket sales period commences for any game due to technical difficulties or otherwise, BC Children’s Hospital Foundation will sell paper tickets and will not use the electronic system for that match. Paper tickets will be numbered in sequential order and sold in denominations of 3 for $5, 7 for $10, or 18 for $20 and the draw will be conducted in the manner specified above.
- If the electronic system experiences any technical difficulties during a match (i.e. at any time after sales using the system have commenced for that game), 50/50 sales will immediately be suspended for the balance of the match. If BC Children’s Hospital Foundation is able to verify that all tickets purchased prior to the suspension of ticket sales have been processed, the draw will proceed and a winner will be announced during the second half. If BC Children’s Hospital Foundation is not able to verify that all tickets purchased prior to the suspension of ticket sales have been processed, the draw will be postponed until such time as BC Children’s Hospital Foundation is able to make such verification. Where a draw has been postponed, BC Children’s Hospital Foundation will announce the winner at the next match as well as making the winning number available online.
- Ticket sales take place at Vancouver Whitecaps FC matches at BC Place Stadium; tickets may be sold and purchased only in British Columbia.
- Tickets are sold until the end of the half-time intermission. Volunteers sell tickets at ‘Caps Kickoff, all BC Place Stadium entrances, on the concourse, in the 300 suite level, and in the bowl during the first half.
- The draw is conducted using computer software that utilizes a GLI approved version certified software random number generator (RNG) approved for B.C.
- The draw is completed at approximately the 10 minute mark of the second half. A BC Children’s Hospital Foundation board member who has not purchased a ticket will confirm the winning number.
- The winning ticket number is announced in the second half of the match. In the case of a discrepancy between the announced number and the actual number, the actual number will be considered to be the valid winning ticket.
- Winning ticket numbers and amounts are available on BC Children’s Hospital Foundation’s website.
- Prizes may be claimed at section 209 of BC Place Stadium.
- If the prize isn’t claimed by the end of the match, prize winners are advised to contact BC Children’s Hospital Foundation.
- Winners have 10 days following the Whitecaps FC match in Vancouver to claim the prize.
- In the event that a prize is not claimed within 10 days of the Whitecaps FC home match, the amount will be carried over to the next Whitecaps FC 50/50 draw.
- BC Children’s Hospital Foundation has no responsibility to any person who does not have a winning ticket but who claims an interest or right to all or part of the prize associated with the winning ticket.
- Prize is paid by cheque within two weeks of the 50/50 draw by either mail or in person by the winner. If the winner chooses to pick up their cheque, this will be done at the BC Children’s Hospital Foundation office.
- 50/50 program contractors, staff and volunteers are not eligible to participate in the Whitecaps FC 50/50 draws.