In our ongoing effort to provide a safe and entertaining environment for every one of our fans, Vancouver Whitecaps FC, MLS and BC Place have implemented the following security procedures:
- All guests entering BC Place are subject to a mandatory screening procedure with the use of a hand-held metal detectors and bags being inspected upon arrival. Secondary screening measures include a pat down.
- No bag larger than 14’’x14’’x 6'' will be permitted upon entry.
- Approaching BC Place from Beatty Street and ’Caps Kickoff, fans are advised that Gates A & H are the two most popular - and therefore busiest - entry points at the stadium.
- If you experience a lineup at a given gate, please remember that you can enter the stadium at any alternate gate, except Gate F.
- Gate entry screening may be increased as needed and/or upon direction from local authorities. Gate entry screening may be increased as needed and/or upon direction from local authorities.
- More match day spectator information, including the prohibited items list, can be found here.
Tips for a smooth entry:
- Please have your ticket ready to scan upon entry. Ensure electronic tickets are downloaded to your mobile device and available to scan prior to entry.
- Minimize the number of personal items in your possession.
- Leave bags at home if possible. Bags larger than 14”x 14”x 6” are not permitted. Permitted bags will be subject to search upon entry.
- Allow yourself extra time for entry to the venue, and observe the signage and direction of venue staff.
- At entry, place objects such as umbrellas, purses, permitted bags or cameras on the table prior to passing through the metal detector.
- NOTE: Personal items such as mobile phones, keys, wallets and coins, watches, belts, shoes or jackets DO NOT need to be removed unless requested by venue staff.
- After walking through the metal detector, guests are free to collect their belongings on the table.
- If the metal detector is activated, guests will be required to participate in a secondary screening prior to entering and this may slow your access to the venue.
We appreciate the cooperation and understanding of our guests. Due to these increased safety procedures, we strongly recommend early arrival to Whitecaps FC matches.
Q: Can I request female security staff for female metal detector screening and pat down?
A: BC Place and Whitecaps FC want every guest to feel comfortable and safe when attending matches at BC Place. Female Security staff will be available to pat down and screen female guests if requested. In the event a female Security staff is not immediately available the female guest will be provided with an alternate pat down procedure.
Q: Is this going to require extra time for entry?
A: Although this may result in extra time to enter the stadium, the main priority of Vancouver Whitecaps FC and BC Place is to ensure a safe environment. Gates A and H are typically the busiest entry points. If you experience a lineup at a given gate, please remember that you can enter the stadium at any alternate gate, except Gate F.
Fans are asked to prepare for stadium entry as they approach an entry gate. Have your ticket ready, dispose of any prohibited items (either legal or illegal in nature), have your bags open, remove any items from your pockets and hold them in your hands, and keep your jacket on until entering BC Place.
Q: How long is this going to take?
A: Each screening and bag search can be performed quickly with cooperation from each spectator. To help speed up the process, we encourage guests to dispose of any prohibited items (either legal or illegal in nature), have your bags open, remove any items from your pockets and hold them in your hands, and keep your jacket on until entering BC Place.
Q: Will this procedure be in place at every match?
A: Yes, this procedure will be in place at every Vancouver Whitecaps FC home match.
Q: Can I bring a bag into the stadium?
A: To ensure you and all other guests experience an efficient entry into BC Place we encourage fans to leave unnecessary bags at home. In compliance with MLS policy, any bags brought to Whitecaps FC matches must be no larger than 14’’x14’’x 6''. All bags are subject to search upon entry. No soft-sided containers or coolers will be permitted. Special considerations will be made for guests with special medical needs and parents caring for infants. Exceptions to Prohibited Items may be made for those with medical requirements and/or special requirements. Advanced authorization by BC Place is strongly recommended.
Event security is required to open all bags at the gates for a visual inspection before allowing guests’ entry.
Q: What if my bag is too big to fit under the seat?
A: If you have a large bag bigger than 14’’x14’’x 6'' fans will have the option of checking their oversized bag on a first come, first serve basis at the bottom of the stairs at Gate C. Please note that space at the bag check is limited and there is a suggested $5 donation for this service with all proceeds benefiting BC Children’s Hospital Foundation.