Internship, Practicum or Co-Op Placement Opportunity, Soccer Operations
Under the supervision of the Specialist, First Team Operations the Soccer Operations Assistant will receive first-hand experience into the back-office operations of a professional football club. The overall aim of the position is to supply the highest standards of administrative support to the soccer operations department at Vancouver Whitecaps FC.
- General administrative support for the Soccer Operations department (i.e. letter writing, report filing, couriering, ordering office supplies, IT requests, update contact lists etc.)
- Upkeep the club’s central player database as it relates to biographical and contact information
- Ensure inter-office (Front Office and Training Centre) mail and communications are delivered in an efficient and timely manner
- Submit medical insurance claims on behalf of players and seek reimbursements from insurance providers when appropriate
- Assist the Specialist, First Team Operations with per diem requests and tracking
- Develop team travel itineraries and travel diaries
- In consultation with the Specialist, First Team Operations, ensure welcome packages are prepared and delivered to all incoming players and trialists
- Manage hotel and flight bookings for individual players coming into and out of Vancouver
- Help coordinate new player orientation trips to familiarize incoming players and their families with the city and the club
- Assist all player relocation services including housing, banking, vehicle, education and phone needs
- Provide player transportation when appropriate
- Prepare visiting team packages and drop off to visiting team hotel
- Manage game day accreditation requests and family suite passes
- Edit match day timelines for posting in the team locker room
- Act as visiting team and referee liaison as needed (coverage)
Requirements, qualifications and attributes:
- Registered in an internship or co-op program at an accredited post-secondary institution in an applicable field (Sports Management, Commerce, Human Kinetics, etc)
- Demonstrated and validated moral character; superior instincts and discretion
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and clerical skills with a strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated, energetic and committed to excellence
- Must be legally able to drive in British Columbia
Qualified students are encouraged to email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is more than just a professional soccer club. We’re a community of like-minded individuals with a passion for excellence both on and off the pitch.
We believe that data is transforming the way sports organizations operate both from a business and a player performance perspective. That’s where you come in: the junior or entry level BI & CRM Intern looking to gain experience.
In this full-time internship running from January through April 2018, you’ll be supporting our Business Intelligence & CRM department. There you will gain exposure to everything from generating KPI data visualizations for our Executive team to player performance dashboards to support our Sports Science team. We’re a small crew so you’ll need to be an ambitious individual who’s not afraid of a challenge. If this sounds like you, please don’t hesitate to apply.
Note that this is an unpaid placement with a small honorarium granted upon completion.
The Intern, BI & CRM position reports directly to the Manager, Business Intelligence at Whitecaps FC’s head office in Vancouver’s historic Gastown.
- Analytical support for the Business Intelligence department and research strategy, which encompasses all club departments and teams
- Extract valuable information, including relationships, patterns, trends and projections from complex datasets
- Identify actionable insights within datasets and provide business recommendations of observations
- Assist with the design and development of customer segments and customer journeys
- Generate reports which clearly visualize and summarize research findings
- Acquire data from primary and secondary data sources
- Create dashboards using BI/Visualization tools
- Design, programming and execution of surveys and data collection
- Completing other related duties as may be assigned
- Enrolled in a Canadian post-secondary education program related to data analysis and visualization
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, SAS VA or MS Power BI an asset
- Savvy problem solving skills
- Works well with appropriate direction
- Exceedingly detail oriented
- Enthusiastic, proactive and highly professional
This job posting will remain active until the position is filled. Please submit your CV and cover letter via email to:
Ellie Wright, Admin & HR Assistant
Internship, Practicum or Co-Op Placement Opportunity, Partnership Marketing
Vancouver Whitecaps FCris seeking an outstanding achiever to provide assistance within our Partnership Marketing Department.
This is a full-time, 3 or 4 month unpaid internship. The position will provide an opportunity for a prospective marketing/sports marketing student to gain experience and insight into how a sponsorship department functions in a sports organization.
To succeed in this role, you are:
- Able to effectively collaborate in a group setting, take direction and problem solve
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks at one time
- Strong project management skills
- Able to work under tight deadlines
- Creative, energetic and team oriented
- Able to work outside of standard business hours, including evenings and weekends.
- A can-do, client-service attitude, and a good sense of diplomacy
- Strong relationship building skills
- A good sense of humour and the ability to have fun in a busy environment
- Currently enrolled in a marketing program at a post-secondary institution an asset.
- Work with members of the partnership marketing department to:
- Manage elements of how we deliver partner contracts, including broadcast, web, in-match and in community, as well as tracking delivery
- Manage match day elements including pre, during and post-match.
- Work with multiple departments to deliver various elements including events, appearances, etc. both partner driven and department driven.
Applications are accepted for all terms.
If interested in this opportunity, please contact submit your CV, your eligibility, any documents
outlining the requirements of your post-secondary program, along with your faculty or co-op
coordinator endorsement to: Ellie Wright, Admin & HR Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Sales and Service Department is always interested in hearing from the next great sales person! Please click here for further information.