Position Title: Athletic Therapist, Girls Elite
Location: Christine Sinclair Community Centre
Terms: Full-time, Permanent
Reports to: Head Coach, Girls Elite Academy
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is looking for a new team member to join our Girls Elite department in the position of Athletic Therapist, Girls Elite.
The Athletic Therapist, Girls Elite will be responsible for all aspects of day-to-day sports medicine operations with the Girls Elite Academy.
Specific Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver a high level of medical service as a Certified Athletic Trainer including, but not limited to first aid/emergency care, on-field coverage, application of modalities, prevention, assessment, referrals, treatment, administration, and rehabilitation to athletes.
- Provide support to other therapists ensuring coverage of other Girls Elite Academy teams.
- Provide a comprehensive support program for both the U18 and U15 teams based on age group requirements and in line with the overall player development objectives.
- Scheduling therapists for game coverage as required.
- Maintain and update all medical records and ensure athlete compliance with team physician treatment guidelines.
- Provide effective written and oral communication between athletes, parents, coaches, sports performance staff, the program operations team, as well as the multi-disciplinary medical team regarding the status and progress of athletes.
- Champion Safe Sport practices and work closely with club leadership to foster a positive and enriching culture within the Girls Elite Academy program.
In addition to bringing a commitment to Vancouver Whitecaps FC vision and values, the successful candidate will have degrees of demonstrated skills and experience as follows:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Physical Education, or related field. Master’s Degree in related field preferred.
- Previous work experience should be focused on performance sport and medicine.
- Complete continuing education as required for recertification.
- Availability to work match days and other special events
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is the longest running professional soccer club in Canada and the United States. Since its inaugural season in 1974, the club has united generations of loyal fans in British Columbia and beyond. With academies in eight out of ten provinces, a network of partner clubs, and hundreds of camps and clinics every year, Whitecaps FC provide a foundation for Canada’s soccer future.
In addition to its two professional men’s teams, the Club is proud to be one of the first two founding teams for a new professional women’s league in Canada, which will be launched in the year 2025. We are also strongly committed to providing opportunities to Canadian athletes, both male and female, with the largest soccer development structure in Canada. This includes academy programs in eight of ten provinces across the country.
In addition to building a winning team on and off the pitch, the Club places great importance in giving back to our community, harnessing the power of sport to create a stronger, more equitable & inclusive society through three key community goals: helping meet critical needs, using soccer to build life skills and creating soccer participation opportunities in Indigenous communities.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This includes but is not limited to people of colour, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact our People & Culture department.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you are interested in applying, please apply for the role using the link: Athletic Therapist, Girls Elite
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No recruiters or agencies, please.