Position Title: MLS Academy Athletic Therapist
Location: National Soccer Development Centre (3065 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver BC)
Terms: Full-time, Permanent
Reports to: WFC2 & MLS Academy Head Athletic Therapist
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is looking for a new team member to join our Medicine & Sports Science department in the position of MLS Academy Athletic Therapist.
The MLS Academy Athletic Therapist assists the MLS Academy Head Athletic Therapist in managing the day-to-day sports medicine operations for the Club. This person will be working cohesively
and collaboratively with the technical coaching staff, physicians, physical preparation coaches, other therapists, and the clubs entire medical/sports science team in aspects of injury prevention, evaluation, treatment, administration, and rehabilitation.
Specific Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manages the healthcare of Players including, but not limited to: first aid/emergency care, on-site injury evaluation, application of appropriate modalities, development of rehabilitation and prevention programs, as well as conducting rehabilitation and making medical referrals
- Maintain a complete and up-to-date roster of Player health and participation records in the League-provided electronic medical record (EMR) system.
- Travel with the Academy teams to all league matches, showcases and other competitions as scheduled, fulfilling all responsibilities as outlined in the Academy Operations Manual.
- Order, maintain, and inventory supplies and clinical equipment.
- Organize team meals, snacks, and recovery nutrition for the players. Work with team dietitian to provide team manager with team nutrition/hydration plans while traveling.
- Keep the athletic training room and clinic area safe, clean, and organized
- Help the Club Medical Staff regarding Player’s health and safety
- Comply with all MLS medical policies and protocols
- Comply with OSHA standards with regard to blood borne pathogens
- Attend all activities/meetings/programs as required by the League.
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
In addition to bringing a commitment to Vancouver Whitecaps FC vision and values, the successful candidate will have degrees of demonstrated skills and experience as follows:
- CATA (or NATABOC) Certified athletic trainer/therapist.
- In good standing with CATA and/or NATA
- Experience within Soccer is preferred
- Minimum four (4) year bachelor’s degree. Preferred Master’s degree in a health-related field
- CPR certification for Health Care Provider
- Preferred certifications include: CSCS, PES, LMT, and/or NREMT
- Must be proficient with the MS Office software suite
- Must complete a Vulnerable Sector Check and additional background screening
- Must successfully complete MLS Safe Sport training
- Must possess a passport and be able to freely travel internationally
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is the longest running professional soccer club in Canada and the United States. Since its inaugural season in 1974, the club has united generations of loyal fans in British Columbia and beyond. With academies in eight out of ten provinces, a network of partner clubs, and hundreds of camps and clinics every year, Whitecaps FC provide a foundation for Canada’s soccer future.
In addition to its two professional men’s teams, the Club is proud to be one of the first two founding teams for a new professional women’s league in Canada, which will be launched in the year 2025. We are also strongly committed to providing opportunities to Canadian athletes, both male and female, with the largest soccer development structure in Canada. This includes academy programs in eight of ten provinces across the country.
In addition to building a winning team on and off the pitch, the Club places great importance in giving back to our community, harnessing the power of sport to create a stronger, more equitable & inclusive society through three key community goals: helping meet critical needs, using soccer to build life skills and creating soccer participation opportunities in Indigenous communities.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This includes but is not limited to people of colour, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact our People & Culture department.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you are interested in applying, please apply for the role using the link: MLS Academy Athletic Therapist
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No recruiters or agencies, please.